Ready for a new clip from my son?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for a new clip from my son?

Thought so. Itīs djent-sounding tune he has recorded, and he plays everything on it. He use his Suhr Modern 7, with Dough Aldrich pickups. Still vocals are missing, but they will be put on soon.

The tune is called Sail for a New World and will be played by his new band. The text is about breaking up from everything one is used to.

Re: Ready for a new clip from my son?

Whilst it's not quite the sort of thing I usually listen to, it did grow on me. I particularly liked the melodic section that comes in at around 1:40. The main rhythm parts seemed a little repetitive, but I suspect that's because in the absence of the vocals, you're forced to use that to maintain the interest they would normally supply - sure the final version will rectify that. The only part I wasn't keen on was the solo; being brutally honest, it just didn't seem to fit and the tone seemed rather at odds with the rhythm guitar work and the arpeggiated overlay that's there. I'll caveat that by saying that was was listening through an iPad speaker, so potentially I could be missing something there. All in all, a good effort though.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Thanks Chris. And yes, itīs repetitive in the middle, because itīs where the singing will be put. Guess how it should be, therefore.

And the text is about breaking up. For many young people thatīs a feeling of joy for the future to come. At the same time it is a sadness for what they also must leave. When I listen to the solo, thatīs what it says.

Comment

That's some quality heaviness right there.

Comment

I really love the melodiousness of the track. The feel is really tight without being stiff. really good stuff. It's not just a bunch of heavy. It has a really nice parallel universes connecting kind of sound to it, with the really gorgeous guitar over the heavy stuff at the end. Very evocative, in my opinion.

Comment

That djentz nicely! Reminds me of the Haunted Shores. Greetings from the neighborhood
            Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
            Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
            Musicians are ****ing retards.
            Originally posted by ex-250
            Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

I like it! The melody is unique and the track hits hard. Can't wait to hear a version with vocals.
              Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
              Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
              Marshall 1960a
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Made me bang my head against my refrigerator , felt good when I stopped .

All kidding aside Your kid has talent , you should be a proud poppa

Hurricane Ramon
                It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Ninja Monkey said exactly what I was going to...
                  I really dig it.
                  My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                  Originally posted by CTN
                  I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Nice details and melodies! The drum sound bugs me, since it's too generic. But like everything else in the song!
                    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Working...
                    X