banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw, noisy pickup comparison/test.. Sin pickups (n/b set) Vs. Deathbucker Vs. EMG 81

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw, noisy pickup comparison/test.. Sin pickups (n/b set) Vs. Deathbucker Vs. EMG 81

I just got my old Zoom multitrack recorder working after years and wanted to do something with it...

I've mostly forgotten how to use the thing (never really used it much earlier either..) so I kept things as simple as possible...no backing tracks/multitracking/noise gate/hardly any reverb...just a whole lot of gain ....also I spent way more time making the video with all the titles/zoom effects and stuff than I did recording lol...it's just simple riffs/improv all the way.

Basically trying to convey an idea of the character/voicing/tonal differences between the pickup's ...it's not perfect, but it get's the job done

^^ *Edited* new video. Re-did the clips with better sound quality.
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-12-2011, 12:24 AM. Reason: Re-did it and posted Version 2: Way better sound quality
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Raw, noisy pickup comparison/test.. Sin pickups (n/b set) Vs. Deathbucker Vs. EMG

I think I liked the Sin's the best.

Is that S mahogany?

Comment

Re: Raw, noisy pickup comparison/test.. Sin pickups (n/b set) Vs. Deathbucker Vs. EMG

Yeah, the S is mahogany...I think they all are, at least the earlier MIJ models...they're making some entry level basswood ones now.

The Sin's sound amazing irl ...I wish I coud get them to sound the way they actually sound when I'm jamming. The Deathbucker's actually the most badly clipped of the lot...and also the loudest. It's a great sounding pup in that guitar but I really screwed things up with the input levels.
      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I like the EMG 81 better for the first riff you played. For the rest i think the 7th Sin sounded best.

Comment

Yeah, same here man...the EMG was in there more as a sort of "reference point" since most people know what it sounds like. Just something familiar to compare the other two with...

I finally got the input levels sorted out and that was definately the problem..plus the extra long guitar cable, also I was converting my wav files to 128 bit mp3's instead of 320 bit by default, so I changed that too...
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            Yeah, the S is mahogany...I think they all are, at least the earlier MIJ models...they're making some entry level basswood ones now.

The Sin's sound amazing irl ...I wish I coud get them to sound the way they actually sound when I'm jamming. The Deathbucker's actually the most badly clipped of the lot...and also the loudest. It's a great sounding pup in that guitar but I really screwed things up with the input levels.
            Chris carter of sin pickups is a scumbag. Do not send him money. He will rob you. Totally unreliable, liar, scumbag. This guy tells people his kids are sick in order to screw them out of money, seriously how low is that? Buyer beware, the guy is a major theif, google him before you send him any money. I wish I could say the pickups sounded great, but I never got mine, however I tried somebody elses sinbuckers, they are ok, not spectacular. You get what you pay for. But he is a scumbag. Do not trust chris at all, he is a bold faced liar!

Comment

Working...
            X