banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Song "Tangled Up in Red" (Heavy Rock, Superior 2.0, KRK Rokit6+Sub) _____________

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Song "Tangled Up in Red" (Heavy Rock, Superior 2.0, KRK Rokit6+Sub) _____________

new song I recorded today called "Tangled up in Red", listen to it here: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11316214
    it is a bit modern rock sounding. I got my new mixing setup and figured out how to use Toontrack Superior 2.0 with Reaper. Any feedback/constructive criticism is appreciated. Here is my review:

TOONTRACK SUPERIOR 2.0:
    still not sure how to work out the glitches, I plan to spend more time playing guitar instead I still cant get the snare to sound like most of my recordings, still sounds like a guillotine. I have the samples for ezdrummer so I have to use ezdrummer to select samples (not sure why) and then I am stuck with the ezdrummer drumset. ok so lots of glitches stuff that I should read the manual for. Using one track for all drums. nice compression/eq stuff for individual drums and can tune the frequencies. I was doing all this stuff with separate plugins with ezdrummer, so I am not using Superior 2.0 to its full potential. not planning to read the manual any time soon. BOTTOM LINE: I recommend ezdrummer, and not spending extra for Superior 2.0 unless you are really into learning the software.

KRK ROKIT 6 SPEAKERS AND SUBWOOFER:
    I dont think the subwoofer is overkill, cause I cant eliminate unwanted low frequencies without it, and my bass levels are super out of wack without it, even with the krk6s. I was using my M-Audio Studiopro 3s 80$ pair for everything which were generally acurate but sound pretty bad with now low end at all for the 3" speakers. so now I am getting a 3d sound that is pretty amazing! not planning to soundproof as my desk is in my apartment between my kitchen and living room next to 2 walls so frequencies are bouncing around really weird no way to correct it. Pretty fun mixing with these speakers though, I can manipulate the bass tones alot more and hear what my fav recordings from Velvet Revolver and Radiohead and Soundgarden are like. I am still doing entry level stuff like overcompressing on the Master squishing. so its fun messing with these but they are for limited application for me cause I dont spend alot of time mixing, they just sound amazing for all music in general, accuracy may be lost, hard to compare to past speaker. but I feel that my music is much more crisp as I can definitely hear the annoying frequencies that need to be deleted from each instrumental part. All in all, very fun new toys that will give me years of happy fun timez!!! The sub really brings these 6"ers to a new crazy level, way different with them, and I really appreciate them, me being predominantly a bassist and wanting to easily hear the basslines to all music

cheers

Re: New Song "Tangled Up in Red" (Heavy Rock, Superior 2.0, KRK Rokit6+Sub) _________

Man I love your riffs! So sinister and heavy. Are you doing these songs for an instrumental thing or are you planning on adding vocals?
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Re: New Song "Tangled Up in Red" (Heavy Rock, Superior 2.0, KRK Rokit6+Sub) _________

Really cool!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
        Man I love your riffs! So sinister and heavy. Are you doing these songs for an instrumental thing or are you planning on adding vocals?
        Thanks man! Thanks for listening, I really appreciate it!

All my songs definitely need vocals, I cant do vocals. I like listening to em as is though just for fun. I cant make them any more instrumental/complicated - it is too hard for me to do that like forum member sosomething does or whatnot. My last band 1.5 years ago wouldnt/couldnt play my songs. I hope to join a band in the near future that can. The career thing had sidetracked me, hopefully no more 60+ hour weeks, then I can join/form.

Thanks

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Really cool!
        thanks brutha!!!

Comment

Yeah, you should be in a band playing your heavy stuff, it's so cool.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Man you do it everytime!!
            Heavy and fat.....love those big lines and chords you churn out!

Comment

That's badass!!

Comment

You are a ****ing riff machine!

Loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  Man you do it everytime!!
                  Heavy and fat.....love those big lines and chords you churn out!
                  Right on brutha! I just wanna rock!!

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  That's badass!!

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                  You are a ****ing riff machine!

Loved it!
                  Many thanks, your solos are killer

Comment

Last edited by everdrone; 01-02-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X