RUT BUSTER: Wife running on the treadmill + Me rocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUT BUSTER: Wife running on the treadmill + Me rocking

I am officially out of my guitar playing rut. Thanks to my wife running on the treadmill.

We have started a new thing - when she goes to the basement to run on the treadmill, I come with her. My guitars and amps are down there in the same room. Our treadmill has loud ass built in speakers that you can hook an iPod up to. She picks out the music, I grab an axe and plug in to my amp rig, and I play along with whatever she is playing.

It has been awesome for me (and her).

I think the key to why it's been so good is

1) It's not the same old stuff I always play. Because she picks the music. I have been playing the same 5 Mayer riffs for the past 5 years. Huge part of the rut - no new learning going on.

2) I am forced to do something, because I have an audience. I don't care if it's just finding the bass notes and plucking singes on the E string, you are forced to do something when there's an audience.

I highly recommend something like this if you can - have an audience of 1, but where that person has something else to do, so it's not the creepy "watch me play it will help me." Yuck.

Anyways, she is also quite turned on by it. She told me so yesterday, I paraphrase "It's sexy - I love hearing you play with distortion - I am tired of hearing those same 3 John Mayer songs over and over again - I like seeing you rock again."

YES MA'AM!

Rig of choice is the white LPC to my newly converted EL84 Hot Rod DeVille 2x12. This week we did The Temper Trap's "Conditions" and The Juliana Theory's "Emotion Is Dead" albums.
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 01-09-2012, 11:43 AM.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Re: RUT BUSTER: Wife running on the treadmill + Me rocking

"It's sexy - I love hearing you play with distortion - I am tired of hearing those same 3 John Mayer songs over and over again - I like seeing you rock again."
    It's times like this that I believe in more than mere mortals.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
      Bouncing stuff!!! that'll motivate anyone.
      word

Comment

Bouncing stuff!!! that'll motivate anyone.
        There's not a whole lot of bouncing going on (regrettably ) because of ye olde sports bra, but yes, seeing her run is cool. She is quite a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
          It's times like this that I believe in more than mere mortals.
          Yeah man. I think she has a subtly poignant point: I am doing myself a disservice by only playing one style all the time.

I used to play rock all the time - I was even in a metal / prog style band as the rhythm player once - lots of heavy chuggity chugga chug there.

Anyways, my amp has never sounded better, I finally realized I should have been playing a Les Paul all along, and I'm playing new styles.

I am feeling excited about playing the guitar for the first time in probably 3 years.

Comment

hahahaha this is awesome. GO HUNTER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              Yeah man. I think she has a subtly poignant point: I am doing myself a disservice by only playing one style all the time.

I used to play rock all the time - I was even in a metal / prog style band as the rhythm player once - lots of heavy chuggity chugga chug there.

Anyways, my amp has never sounded better, I finally realized I should have been playing a Les Paul all along, and I'm playing new styles.

I am feeling excited about playing the guitar for the first time in probably 3 years.
              Go in peace...with power chords...my son.

Les Pauls will do that, glad you found your way. Haha
              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Thanks bros.

Comment

Yeah, and I sound exactly like Eddie Van Halen

Comment

Yeah, and I sound exactly like Eddie Van Halen
                    Rolling on the floor!!!

Comment

Me rocking

Selective creative excerpts :

I am officially out of my guitar playing rut. Thanks to my wife running on the treadmill.

We have started a new thing - when she goes to the basement to run on the treadmill, I come with her. YES MA'AM!

"It's sexy - I like seeing you rock again."
                      ================================================== ======

What a Man ! It's a beautiful thing

Hurricane Ramon
                      It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

================================================

This gave me whip lash , hurt so good

HR
                        It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

I had a similar setup years ago.

This girl would put on lots of alternative stuff and paint and welcomed me to play guitar at the same time. It was fun for both of us. And YES there was sexual factor there.

I miss those days.

Comment

Get it hunter, get it!

Unfortunately when I play I anything I usually get the old "my head hurts" and "can you turn it off babe?"
                            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I love gifs because there is no *****ing or yelling.... hahaha, only quiet.
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X