new camera/recording test setup- Hamer/Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new camera/recording test setup- Hamer/Marshall

well it's been many months since I've put up a clip, or really played for that matter. Taking care of a newborn will do that to you!

My bro gave me a Zoom cam/recorder thing for XMAS, and I finally managed to plug it in today. It recorded as a WAV, and got pretty compressed converting to MP3- I need to spend some more time with it.

Anyhoo- quick test clip of my Hamer Monaco and Marshall Class 5 combo. EDIT- just sound-no video

Soundclicky
    Last edited by JeffB; 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: new camera/recording test setup- Hamer/Marshall

yikes- that bad?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I listened to it yesterday. It sounded really good to me. Those little things are great for recording live shows.

Comment

I guess we are both tone deaf! :shrug:

I think I'll need to move down to 9-42s (or maybe even 8s) because of my hand issues- been having some real problems the last coupla weeks. Should prove a little bit clearer on the low strings- the Class 5 is really middy, as are the BBs, so it's maybe a bit too thick, but overall I dig it- it's got a good grungy early 70s type Marshall vibe to it. I'm gonna see about some new tubes as well, those are the stock jobbies.

Comment

Start with 9-42. I think Fender still makes a 9-40 set. That might be nice without going too light. Maybe adjust the strap length a little too?

Put some JJ's in that bad boy.

Tone deaf? What? Who?
          Last edited by ErikH; 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not a fan of JJs- the tone of the class5 is already a bit heavy on compression due to the EL84s, and JJs , IME are dark and compressed tubes- I want to go the opposite route.

But I'll def grab some 9-42s to try- went down from 10s to 9-46 already. (I have some Boomer 8s sitting around if I want to try them).

Comment

You know, if you use soundcloud you don't have to settle for soundclick's crapulent quality ...

Nice chunky tone, tho.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks Ben- is this any better? Its the original WAV file- all 30+ megs.

Soundcloud clip

Comment

Yep!

Downloaded the wav file; has a really nice tone! I don't think condenser mics are a great fit for rock guitar, but that aside, the tone is present with a nice breakup and doesn't sound like a can of bees!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    I don't think condenser mics are a great fit for rock guitar

Agreed. The new Zoom Q3 is mostly for my Mother so she can watch movies of the baby (I am in CT, grandma is in VA), it wouldn't be my first choice

Glad that the WAV sounded better- and thanks for the comments

Comment

Working...
                    X