A soundclip using my Deja Vu and the Morpheus Capo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A soundclip using my Deja Vu and the Morpheus Capo

I recorded a quick sound clip using the Deja Vu I got on Saturday, and the Morpheus Capo:
    Deja Vu demo clip

Then I decided to redo a few things, tweak some tones, and add reverb:
    Soft Place to Fall

There are 3 guitars, all through the Deja Vu. The swell/pad is a guitar with a volume pedal and the Capo pedal, and a little chorus added. Guitars were recorded direct, and Amplitube and Revalver software amp simulators were used on guitar tracks. The reverb is the Sonnox plugin reverb.
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Re: A soundclip using my Deja Vu and the Morpheus Capo

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
    I recorded a quick sound clip using the Deja Vu I got on Saturday, and the Morpheus Capo:
    Deja Vu demo clip

Then I decided to redo a few things, tweak some tones, and add reverb:
    Soft Place to Fall

There are 3 guitars, all through the Deja Vu. The swell/pad is a guitar with a volume pedal and the Capo pedal, and a little chorus added. Guitars were recorded direct, and Amplitube and Revalver software amp simulators were used on guitar tracks. The reverb is the Sonnox plugin reverb.
    Sounded good. I have been intrigued by the morpheus capo. Is it pretty decent?
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Sounds awesome, man!

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
        Sounded good. I have been intrigued by the morpheus capo. Is it pretty decent?
        It's pretty straighforward, does what it's supposed to. I was using it to pitch shift the faded in chords an octave up, which when you run that through chorus, delay and reverb, you can get a lovely string pad effect. When I set the pitch shift up an octave on some of my rack units, it gets so warbly and out of tune that it's unuseable. I recently found that my Rocktron Multivalve does a fairly good job of 1 octave pitch transposition - about as good as the Capo. I was gonna start using that for this kind of stuff, but when I saw the Capo on clearance, I grabbed it. It saves a lot of time just hooking up a pedal and recording. With rack effects, sometimes by the time you hook up cables, try to remember how to program the thing, and then tweak and save presets, the weekend is over and you have no time left to actually record music. And the Multivalve is routed internally so that if you use pitch shift in conjunction with its chorus, reverb and delay, the other effects process and mix back in the un-transposed signal. So I could only do pitch shift with it anyway.

The one thing that disappointed me about the Capo is that Morpheus evidently didn't think anyone was still interested in the 80's fifths lead guitar effect, because you cannot mix in the dry signal when transposed up a fifth. I wanted to fade in some fifths in that piece, but discovered the Capo doesn't let you. No wet/dry mix knob like on a rack pitch shifter. It lets you transpose a second, third, fourth, fifth and an octave. Only at the octave setting do you have the choice of having it output the dry signal with the pitch shifted signal, for a 12 string effect.
        "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
        Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
        guitar pic site
        Original prog rock on soundcloud
        Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
        Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
        X