Drum program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum program?

Any software downloads for drum programs that work with cubase?
    I want more me in my tone.

Re: Drum program?

I use Addictive Drums - it will work with any DAW. You can download it directly from their website or whoever sells it to you (after you purchase it).

You can download a trial version of Addictive Drums from their website for free.

Compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms (including Intel Macs), Addictive Drums ships in all major plug-in formats (AudioUnit, RTAS, VST). It is fully compatible with every major sequencing host, including Apple Logic, Digidesign Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Cakewalk Sonar, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Mackie Tracktion, MOTU Digital Performer and Apple GarageBand.
    I bought it for $30. Best deal I can find in a light Googling today is $150.

I tried every free drum sequencer I could find and they are all crap.

I find it to be worth it if you want drum tracks that actually sound like drumming and not like a computah.
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 01-12-2012, 01:50 PM.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

i use ez drummer and a couple of the different add ons they have

Comment

I will also vouch for addictive drums. It's so easy to use! Drum parts are done as soon as you pick one of the preset beats/styles and arm a track. I also found that AD syncs up especially well with bass parts, so I typically arm a track for AD then start riffing away on the bass to establish an instantly tight pocket.

And if you write your own drum parts via general midi, or you have a huge midi library like me, they have a GM to AD drum map that allows you to use all of addictive drum's sounds on any composition or premade drum midi track as they use a diff map than GM..Amazing program once I figured this out, as this was the primary purpose (just getting those real sounds in a usable package to unleash them on my midi collection)
        2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

+1 for Addictive drums. great little program.

makes it really easy to get great, realistic drum sounds. I'm not too big on the interface for selecting loops, and for metal anyway, a lot of the built in loops are kinda inadequate, but if you can program your own beats in a midi sequencer or directly in your DAW, then it's not too bad.

Best part is the ease of use though, and the great sounds. IMO, it's leagues ahead of EZ drummer or drumkit from hell.

Comment

Huge correction - I use EZDrummer, not addictive drums.

On one hand, I am the worst, for not even knowing what drum software I use, but on the other hand, it just goes to show that these two are obviously similar in functionality, interface, and sound - enough so that I looked up all those Addictive Drums links and never noticed that it wasn't what I use
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
            X