Need USB interface with 4 Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need USB interface with 4 Inputs

I need a USB interface that has 4 inputs.

I want to put 2 mics on my guitar amp, and have 2 inputs free for a room mic, or miking my other guitar amp since I run 2 amps sometimes.

I would also like the ability to run my bass direct to this interface.

He'p me out - I don't know where to start.

To be honest, I am not very concerned with the world's best A/D, I'm mostly interested in it being reliable.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Re: Need USB interface with 4 Inputs

Tascam if you like Cubase. M-Audio if you prefer Pro Tools.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      Tascam if you like Cubase. M-Audio if you prefer Pro Tools.
      I prefer Reaper as my DAW, but I assume that these days, any interface will work well with any DAW.

Am I correct in that assumption?

Comment

Pretty much. There are plenty of options out there you could look at. Here are a few I found. All these have at least 4 pre-amps in them for mic inputs. If you only need two pre-amps, there are loads more options that have additional line level inputs. Bear in mind that some of these below are probably well over specced for what you're after.

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

Tascam US-600

Alesis MultiMix8

RME Fireface UFX (probably a lot more expensive than you want)

Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 Audio Interface (has 6 pre-amps and probably very expensive also)
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
          Pretty much. There are plenty of options out there you could look at. Here are a few I found. All these have at least 4 pre-amps in them for mic inputs. If you only need two pre-amps, there are loads more options that have additional line level inputs. Bear in mind that some of these below are probably well over specced for what you're after.

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

Tascam US-600

Alesis MultiMix8

RME Fireface UFX (probably a lot more expensive than you want)

Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 Audio Interface (has 6 pre-amps and probably very expensive also)

Thanks a lot - just the kind of post I was looking for - thank you greatly!

Comment

I've recently put one of the Fast Track Pros (2 pre-amp version) on my UK PC and was really impressed with its simplicity and range of features. It came with a copy of ProTools LE (SE?) with it, otherwise I'd have gone down the Reaper route myself on that particular PC (I use Sonar X1 out here and use both an M-Audio Delta 2496 & 1010 PCI interfaces on it). The install for hardware and software and software was very straightforward. It turned out that I could plug a guitar straight into the FTP and that the ProTools s/w had an amp modeller built into it. It really was install, plug in guitar and hit record.
            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Ive had said multimix for about 4-5 years and been happy fwiw.
              Strong little guy *knocks on wood*

Comment

YMMV but I have not been pleased with the reliability of my M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. Crackles, input level changes, sometimes it flat out destroys a track in mid-recording. Forum consensus is that my unit has poor transistors... whatever.

Another option for you to consider is getting 2 2-input interfaces, if your DAW will allow that.

I've been hot on my Apogee Duet lately. Two of those and you'd be golden. $350 or so apiece and their A/D is great. They don't make the Duet anymore, now its a Duet Two, but older Duets can be found on eBay and such. http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/

ONE LAST THOUGHT: Be careful about sacrificing A/D quality. If you're serious enough to want 4 mics for your guitar sound, you might regret the quality difference down the line (and extra noise from a potentially lower quality interface), in a year, in two years, or even just a couple weeks once you're up and running with the new setup.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

The Tascam features wise looks awesome for the price not sure aout the quality of pre amps and converters though. I have an ONYX 400f which has finally got Win7 drivers and I love it but it is discontinued but you can still find some cheap.
                  Gondola Kid
                  Bandcamp
                  Facebook
                  JimijaymesGuitarist
                  Youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X