Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a black label

somebody stop me XD enough of this already lol

soooo... as you can guess by the title alone this song has been very inspired by Zakk and Black label society

umm.. it's got drums.. it's groovy, not that poorly recorded, a little bit thought about prior to recording (hey TO, that advice of yours works ) and i think it came out pretty cool. sloooowly but surely getting the hang out of this thing called guitar and i think zakk would be proud of this one

take a listen and tell me what you all think

Black label

Re: Just a black label

Please, post direct links to the tracks. I don't want to sign for soundclick, and I can't listen to it without registering. I've seen some people post direct links and I've been able to listen to them, can you do it?
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

umf.. i can try... just a sec

(by the way.. i dont know if you have to register to download stuff.. or it's been to long to remember)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1885981&q=Hi this is black label

http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1869926&q=Hi this is another one, a couple of days old

these are streams, i hope they work for you.. as for the direct links to downloads, i'll have to ask a couple of people how to do it

(and for some inconvenient reason, soundclicks servers are down at the moment)
      Last edited by Davey; 12-15-2004, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Man Davey, you're just about to become the king of the riff... man I really, really dig this riff. It kicks major A$$! You rock! Man I'll keep this one and try to play lead on it, if you don't mind...

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
        Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Yes, works now. Nice riffs on the Black Label. You know, it's my second favourite whiskey! There's no way anything resembling it isn't amazing! Did you plan it as a complete track or is it just a collection of riffs? Why not try to play a solo over some of the riffs, or are you agains that kind of stuff?

The another one sounded quite a bit like Maiden. I liked it a lot too.

What do you use for recording? Your SG through guitar port? What software? I have a similar setup as well, care to tell more about your sound settings for those tones?
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

please, please do

thanks a lot man

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku
              Yes, works now. Nice riffs on the Black Label. You know, it's my second favourite whiskey! There's no way anything resembling it isn't amazing! Did you plan it as a complete track or is it just a collection of riffs? Why not try to play a solo over some of the riffs, or are you agains that kind of stuff?
              well, i always start with a riff in my head, then try to evolve it into something bigger. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. lately i'm more focusing on the songwriting aspect and not just a collection of riffs as in some of the previous recordings (like fun or others) and try to hit less wrong notes and prepare for the recording more or less. the other thing is.. i cant play solos well. it's all a luck thing, sometimes i hit good notes sometimes not. i got almost 0 scales knowledge. i tried playing and it's fun, but it's more or less not my thing and i'm far from against it =)

The another one sounded quite a bit like Maiden. I liked it a lot too.
              it's supposed to sound like maiden hehe. thanks
              What do you use for recording? Your SG through guitar port? What software? I have a similar setup as well, care to tell more about your sound settings for those tones?
              yup, SG through the guitar port along with the software that came with the guitar port. i dont know the settings, but if you do have a GP, i can send you a couple of my presets, but it's usually a jcm800 and a tube screamer. for black label i used the spinal puppet rectumfrier

thanks for listening =)
              Last edited by Davey; 12-15-2004, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Great riffs man!!
                Getting quite fat on the bottom now!
                Keep it up!
                Love it.

Comment

I have a PODxt and guitarport software myself. It'd be very nice if you could send me the patches.

Say, since you have a sg too, how have the JB and '59 pleased you? Did you try anything else? I have a SG standard and I'm looking for replacement pickups. I have a thread going about it, can you give me any advice, as you seem to have gone the same route?

Comment

AHAHH IHEARD IT
                    ahahahahahah
                    this one is very simple.
                    ehehehe and the tuning is strange. i guess isthe BENDS
                    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku
                      I have a PODxt and guitarport software myself. It'd be very nice if you could send me the patches.

Say, since you have a sg too, how have the JB and '59 pleased you? Did you try anything else? I have a SG standard and I'm looking for replacement pickups. I have a thread going about it, can you give me any advice, as you seem to have gone the same route?
                      sure.. if you have MSN my adress is in the off topic forum (and my profile too i think)

as for the pups, i LOVE the 59 and JB. the last couple of tunes were in a quite weird tuning (drop C through standard E CGDGBe - i'm not used to the flappyness, so thats why it sounds a little bit weird WFD, plus there are a couple of bends (especially at the pinch harmonics)) and the JB is tight as hell and retains it's articulation and ultra tight bass response, where others might get a bit muddy. IMO, it's the best pup for downtuning. and even in standard tuning it RAWKS. my SG is alder body, mahagony neck, so yours being full mahagony would differ in sound a bit. i havent got any other excessive experience with pups except that avoid powersounds like the plague, the ibanez V's are trebble ho's and that i still prefer the JB over the evolution bridge

Comment

i love your style man great riffs
                        Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
                        Epi Les paul honeyburst, loaded with Seymour Duncan DD (b) 59 (n)
                        Ibanez Iceman ic300 , Stock pickups
                        Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                        epiphone acoustic
                        marshall combo
                        cry baby wah
                        monster cables

Comment

That rhythm sound screams OOOOGGGH! If that makes any sense And a big hooray from me for focusing more on making good songs; don't wanna fall into that wanker trend of mindless solos and crappy tunes!

Keep on r0xing
                          Watch My Videos
                          Photography
                          www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                          "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

There are some cool bits there, Davey!
                            Keep it up!!
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                            X