X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal mix in 5 minutes

I just got this software, I give it the thumbs up, check out this video:

Re: Metal mix in 5 minutes

Neat - I thought he passed by a better mastering setting at 0:45 and chose a smaller sounding one at the end.

The mastering presets sounded very handy and good.

I'm surprised you can run that many instances of it and not have logic lock up. It must do some type of automatic bus thing?

Seems like a good way to bang out a mix quickly. The presets are probably better than the settings I seemingly randomly choose on plugins when I'm mixing.

Comment

Man I wish I had something like this 10 years ago.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        Neat - I thought he passed by a better mastering setting at 0:45 and chose a smaller sounding one at the end.

The mastering presets sounded very handy and good.

I'm surprised you can run that many instances of it and not have logic lock up. It must do some type of automatic bus thing?

Seems like a good way to bang out a mix quickly. The presets are probably better than the settings I seemingly randomly choose on plugins when I'm mixing.
        cool man, I have been messing with it, I have 15+ ez mix 2 plugins running, my recabinet, and podfarm and s2.3 running all at the same time and no probs - ezmix has impulses but still runs very low computer usage. I think the presets are great! I like using non-ezmix stuff for the low end bassguitar and for sologuitar though because I need more control. I still feel the need to eq/lowpass/highpass after using ezmix. cheers

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
        Man I wish I had something like this 10 years ago.
        same here, I woulda been recording a lot earlier if I knew it was this EZ (pun intended )

Comment

I too bought EZMix and the upgrade for it. Really good product IMO for learning about mastering (not in the terms of just selecting a good preset but it shows the signal chains and stuff).
          Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
          Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          Musicians are ****ing retards.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
            I too bought EZMix and the upgrade for it. Really good product IMO for learning about mastering (not in the terms of just selecting a good preset but it shows the signal chains and stuff).

Comment

I may need to get this. I've yet to find free effects I like on the Mac since I can't use my old VSTs. Seems like I'd enjoy this. I looked around a bit...is $70 the standard for the basic package?
              Originally posted by Aceman
              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I am just a dude that likes to make music for fun, never made any money doing it. I just found an ezmixII thread with demos: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/e...z-mix-2-a.html

here is the current price, I saved because I upgraded (see my prior thread on this):

Comment

Ouch, I was just looking at ezmix 1. 2 is far too expensive for my humble uses.
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I hear ya, it is an expensive obsessive hobbie... it was a $50 upgrade for me... I am saving up for pups - never installed any SDs in a guitar ever yet...

Comment

Dude... that sounded pretty boss. I'm surprised! I imagine this will get abused and a lot of people's mixes will sound the same, but for quick songwriting this is a beautiful thing. I want it!!!
                      Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                      Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                      Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                      Marshall 1960a
                      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                        Dude... that sounded pretty boss. I'm surprised! I imagine this will get abused and a lot of people's mixes will sound the same, but for quick songwriting this is a beautiful thing. I want it!!!
                        Inb4 influx of metalcore/djent bands that all sound even more literally exactly the same.

I'm not knocking the software by any means though, it would be great for when you don't have much time and you need to put something together slap dash and have it sound good.

Insta-metal mix. Just add riffs.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Awesome, now we can all sound like every other generic metal band with even less effort!
                          Last edited by Animal; 02-15-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
                            Awesome, now we can all sound like every other generic metal band with even less effort!
                            Im down with that

more metalheadz = better

Comment

Working...
                            X