banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mysteries of The Deep (inspired by Deep Purple)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysteries of The Deep (inspired by Deep Purple)

..and also inspired by a crazy news article/series of photos I saw recently on the BBC website about the deepest parts of the ocean, the men who first explored it, and the weird creatures that live there.

Unfortunately no bass on this one. Used my trusty '62RI strat though. Used the PAF Pro for one of the rhythm tracks, and the little scale run at the end. The other rhythm track and all the other leads are all done by the ibanez stacked single that I cobbled together from a couple of ibanez humbuckers and an old single coil ceramic bar magnet I had lying around - sounds pretty good imo!

and I used a Hammond midi synth for this one! I found it kinda hard to program all the hammond parts cuz I don't play piano anymore and duplicating the wizardry of Jon Lord is no easy feat. I didn't even get close. I figure when I'm finished recording all my parts for the album, I'm going to ask Per Wiberg (ex keyboardist of Opeth, current keyboardist of Spiritual Beggars) if he'll record keys for the whole album. I don't know of any badass keyboardists who can play blues/rock like Jon Lord except for him.

Drum sounds are all Addictive Drums, but I programmed the beats and fills myself.

Lyrics will come, eventually.

enjoy, and ROCK OUT!!!!

Last edited by CTN; 02-25-2012, 06:01 PM.

Re: Mysteries of The Deep (inspired by Deep Purple)

Linky no bringy me to songy!

Comment

try again, i just updated it.

Comment

****ing NICE, dude!

I really dig the organicness of your tone. Very very cool stuff.

Comment

haha right on. glad you dig I try to do as little processing to guitar tracks. Aside from boosting my amp from the front end, I did nothing to the rhythm tracks, and the lead tracks only got a tiny tiny bit of reverb.

Comment

What the **** did I just listen to?
            Now I know... AWESOMENESS!

Damn that's a hard hitting rock song! So energetic and well written. Just brilliant. I heard a big Slash/GnR influence in this song especially when the solos kick in.

MOAR! MOAAAAAAAARRRRRR!
            Last edited by P.A.Foholic; 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM.
            Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
            Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
            Musicians are ****ing retards.
            Originally posted by ex-250
            Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Lol..that was sweet man...like Deep Purple on steroids...very nice!
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Question sir

How can you guys remember the standard tune of acoustic guitar??
                actually i wanna learn how to tune my guitar but its so hard to remember the standard tune any suggestion guys?

thanks in advance
                Waterbeds | Wishing Well | Public Seminars in the Philippines

Comment

Or "Every Boy Goes Down And Eats" the other way around... (from thinnest E to thickest...)
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Very cool tune....An older lover of Deep Purple/Ritchie Blackmore..
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks guys! this was a very very fun tune to work on.

Actually, come to think of it, ever since I left my metal band, I've had nothing but fun writing blues and rock stuff. Probably the most fun I've had writing/playing music ever!

Comment

Thanks John!

I don't post stuff often cuz I don't record often. Hopefully that'll change this year. I do have to record an album after all.

As for the other influences, that gives me an idea. I think I will write some acoustic stuff next!

Comment

Bump
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                          X