Solitary - Demo - Blue Snowball Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitary - Demo - Blue Snowball Ice

I'm wondering if I should put harmony vocals in this on the the pre chs and maybe the chs too? Thoughts?

I used the Blue Snowball Ice in Ableton Live for the vocals and in Logic, Predator, Firebird, ES2, EX24 synths and sampler.
    Guitars with Fender Mustang direct through cab sims.

Solitary
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Re: Solitary - Demo - Blue Snowball Ice

Wow, this song really sounds great! Your vocals sound smoother and richer on this one and aside from the synth patches that you've already mastered time and time again, the guitar sounds fantastic too! I'd go with your gut on this one; by adding some backup vocals/harmonization on the chorus I think it'll make the section "pop" more and stand out more. I think if used in lighter effect on the pre-chorus it would be a nice addition as well.

My only recommendation beyond that is to change up the drums a bit to have it build more for the pre-chorus and really add some emphasis in the chorus. The song has a nice vibe and there's a lot going on with the synth section (obviously your passion), but the steady drum beat makes it all kinda blend together. You've got a great song here, so build it up and really make it hit home with the choruses.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
      Wow, this song really sounds great! Your vocals sound smoother and richer on this one and aside from the synth patches that you've already mastered time and time again, the guitar sounds fantastic too! I'd go with your gut on this one; by adding some backup vocals/harmonization on the chorus I think it'll make the section "pop" more and stand out more. I think if used in lighter effect on the pre-chorus it would be a nice addition as well.

My only recommendation beyond that is to change up the drums a bit to have it build more for the pre-chorus and really add some emphasis in the chorus. The song has a nice vibe and there's a lot going on with the synth section (obviously your passion), but the steady drum beat makes it all kinda blend together. You've got a great song here, so build it up and really make it hit home with the choruses.
      All good advice thanks man! Glad you like the song. I'll work on it some more late this coming week and try some of those suggestions. Cheers.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Well, I tried harmonies but they didn't float my boat so I just doubled the choruses.

Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Technically speaking, your songs are SO far outside of my realm I really should not like them. But, a good song is a good song and you write really good songs! This one is probably the most 'Morrisey' of the ones I've heard so far; would make a great closing credits song to the next Crow movie!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Man...that was some tune!!!!
            Loads of great power in that one!!
            I dig that melancholic sadness you fuse into your stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              Technically speaking, your songs are SO far outside of my realm I really should not like them. But, a good song is a good song and you write really good songs! This one is probably the most 'Morrisey' of the ones I've heard so far; would make a great closing credits song to the next Crow movie!
              What's that Morrisey song where he talks about her walkman starting to melt? Man, I always thought that was such a great line.

Thanks guys for the listen and props, going through a rough patch and you put a smile on my face. Cheers!
              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
              X