solo arrangement on a strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solo arrangement on a strat

Astros gibson vs fender thread inspired me to record this. He wanted to hear gibson players playing fenders, so i thought i'd give it a go.
    Three well known tunes. I kinda slapped them togther to make a medley.
    Hope you like it.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: solo arrangement on a strat

beautiful. really wish i could play like that. also the gif in your sig went along to the song a bit for while there in the middle lol.
    sigpic
    Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    MXR Custom Comp
    GFS Twin Overdrive
    Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
    Blackstar HT-DISTX
    Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

lol
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Fantastic playing and tone!

What rig were you running?
        Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

roland micro cube. headphone out into the computer.
          The axe is nice tho. Its a deluxe strat. Ive had it over 20 years. Its got ssl-1's in it.
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Meh, if you have a crappy amp it won't matter how nice the guitar is.

That micro cube sounds awesome! Well done, sir.
            Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
            Originally posted by jcthejester13
            I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

cheers! i just wanted to do it quick so instead of micing up my sexy fender amps its faster to use the cube. Its far from awesome, but it does the job for this kind of thing.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

smooth!
                if i can hear how you used to play on gibsons more, does that make it avant-garde?

Comment

i dunno, mebbe it makes it avant-half assed.
                  But im kicking myself....i forgot to invite you to the Vanguard last friday to see the Ava Torch show. It was epic. nekked women onstage, nekked women backstage. You would have loved it!
                  Last edited by Chickenwings; 05-06-2012, 05:22 AM.
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

i could've made it too
                    now we're both kicking ourselves. i love naked arty chicks

Comment

theres a couple more cool shows coming up....clarendon, metro and factory in the next couple months....and more nekked arty chicks. ill make sure i let you know.
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Great playing... I like it very much. Thanks for sharing this here with me.

Comment

That sounds great, I keep telling myself I gotta play with a clean tone more often and that clip just gave me some incentive .
                          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Seriously tasty playing, sir!

Comment

thanks fellas. Maybe ill record it with my regular rig and see how it compares.
                              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                              X