banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone replaced their pedalboard with an M9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone replaced their pedalboard with an M9?

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    You joke, but that's pretty much the realization I had
    I think all the pro touring players with boards full of Boss pedals would agree
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Everyone saying "oh no it affects your tone in a digital way" is presumably most often hearing the recorded tones they think are the absolute best ever from either a CD or an mp3. Food for thought.

Comment

also I have never heard a digital modeler sound anything like my black arts pharaoh (muff variant) nor like my ratII proco. never heard a modeler sound like any type of fuzz pedal at all!!! not even axefxII...

I have no use for most effects, and I really dont like the line 6 wah compared to my jerry cantrell wah. I doubt their gate is as good as my decimator g string, but its safe to say it is pretty good.

also, my line 6 stuff died and I hate the line 6 service - just said it is impossible to fix, we wont allow you to use the software you paid for, so just spend $100s on new line 6 stuff (see my thread in the AMP FORUM )

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
          also I have never heard a digital modeler sound anything like my black arts pharaoh (muff variant) nor like my ratII proco. never heard a modeler sound like any type of fuzz pedal at all!!! not even axefxII...

I have no use for most effects, and I really dont like the line 6 wah compared to my jerry cantrell wah. I doubt their gate is as good as my decimator g string, but its safe to say it is pretty good.

also, my line 6 stuff died and I hate the line 6 service - just said it is impossible to fix, we wont allow you to use the software you paid for, so just spend $100s on new line 6 stuff (see my thread in the AMP FORUM )

I don't think you'll hear any of us disagree that 9 times out of 10, the real thing is going to sound better than it's modeled agent. It's just not necessary for most of our practical uses. I could spend thousands on amps and pedals, tweaking everything just right, but if I'm jamming out to stuffed animals and pissing my neighbors off, it's kind of a waste of money IMO.

I have good amps and some nice pedals, so I'm not saying that it's absolute, but you have to find a limit within what is realistic to you.
          Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I'm not worried about it "sounding digital."

I am all good with the way Line 6 effects sound.

I was more worried about any practical issues I may not be considering like only being able to turn on 3 at a time, why that might be bad, etc.
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I'm not worried about it "sounding digital."

I am all good with the way Line 6 effects sound.

I was more worried about any practical issues I may not be considering like only being able to turn on 3 at a time, why that might be bad, etc.
              If you're like me, you'll usually only have delay/reverb/OD going anyways
              After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

I actually set up the effects loop on my gt-10 so I could press one switch to go between my real RAT and the gt-10's impersonation of it. Once I added a bit of EQ on the gt-10, I managed to get it so that it was impossible to tell which was which. Then I managed the exact same thing with my Big Muff Pi. So I sold them both and never looked back.

The GT-10 can't do the same for a Uni-Vibe though, so I still use that.

Anyway, this thread has made me want to try an M13. I think the stomp box mentality might be much more what I'm looking for.

Comment

ok I have a lot to say about this topic still

I was about to get an axefxII but was really blinded by the hype...have yet to hear anything that sounds like a fuzz pedal or real amp that is digital...

ya the m9 will get pleasing tones that deliver, I am just not into any of its analog simulations at all. I am sure the delay and noisegate are fine...

if you look on this forum, there are a few people that got the m9 then sold it...

I made a few threads about boss multifx and in the end concluded it was not for me...I dont need that much variation, dont like the novelty type effects that I would really only use for one song out of twenty...not trying to be rage tom morello or anything either I get that many choices and it really just ends up being cheesy sounding, I have messed with them for recording before my podfarm blew up and it was not for me

Comment

This argument is tiring.

I've used L6 PODs for a dozen years. I'm really satisfied with my tones in the X3Live.

Yes, I use it live. Yes, I've recorded with it.

Yes, the stock patches stink. I don't use any of them.

Yes, I prefer the Weeping Demon to the onboard wah. However, if I'm not recording, that's an extra component in the signal chain that is unnecessary.

If you don't like digital, don't use it. Yet that does not mean it is useless to others.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I dont feel people are posting arguments but rather just posting the results they have had with the gear.

if you can use digital, then do it. countless people use it live and for recording and continue to do so with good results. I will always use it for recording. I saw animals as leaders and periphery a few times and they use axefx and it sounds great for that style of music.

digital is in a delay; if you use delay it is in that. some reverbs. etc...for crazy spacey novelty type effects I think digital is great!

I will prolly get an axefx in a few years, I have not heard a clip that sounds great yet for my type of music. never heard them mimic a fuzz pedal properly and I have been recording a long time. kinda close with rat pedal and stuff... bottom line is for classic rock and heavy rock I dont think the technology is there yet.

Comment

Awesome, thank you guys.

For how much I play and where, I think it will be perfect for me. I'm trying to neaten up my basement as my son gets more and more mobile and curious.

Right now I have 90 miles of cables and a pile of pedals that is basically a toddler obstacle course
                        From what I know about how toddlers react to musical equipment, when he reaches it, do you think the M9 will taste better? or worse?

More to the point, I've had issues with Line 6's PC stuff, but that's probably a different thing altogether from their stand-alone stuff.
                        "Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
                        - Marilyn Manson

Comment

Working...
                        X