new take: my maiden-ish original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new take: my maiden-ish original

i took another crack at it today and recorded it. i took the solo backing out as i talked to Jose from Sphinx and due to missunderstandings and me unable to explain what i want to do with the riff, he said i'd be better off not using it.
    so i wrote another backing section. song is a little bit longer, but it's pretty basic and straightforward. have to polish it up immensly and add more stuff and twist it, expand some sections, etc

but, this is it for today, i'll be working on it throughout the week as i'm off of work till the 3rd january, so i got some time. (ideas apretiated)

note. outro is completely screwed up as inspiration left me (and the sugar i was on during the day wore off).

it's a bit monotonous, but know that this is just one guitar, rough, without any tuchups, no details, anything.

some constructive criticism please
    Rough take
    mp3 - right click, save as

Re: new take: my maiden-ish original

Sounds a little grainy/buzzy. You must use a lot of distortion! Other than that, pretty cool. Very '80s indeed!
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

yea.. there's some clipping in there, that'd explain some of the buzziness, but i dont find it that grainy.. well, i actually like it that it's a bit grainy =)

about distortion.. the amp is a rectifier model with gain at around 5 plus a tube screamer in front, EQ and a compressor i should prolly take the compressor out of the mix, but i just threw everything it could at it apart of a chorus.. it's my fool around preset. i like it though, cuts through the mix like no other

Comment

You´re a riff monster! Your right hand is fast man...you got tight rythm playin!

Sound fits imho very good.."in-your-face" sound.
        Originally posted by Guitarist
        Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
        http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
          the amp is a rectifier model
          That would do it!
          Watch My Videos
          Photography
          www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
          "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Very good rythm playing I like it alot!!

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
            Squier P-Bass
            Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound
              You´re a riff monster! Your right hand is fast man...you got tight rythm playin!

Sound fits imho very good.."in-your-face" sound.
              +1 Couldn't add much to this post, I actually thought the tone was really good. Great stuff!

Is it just downstrokes, Davey?
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                +1 Couldn't add much to this post, I actually thought the tone was really good. Great stuff!

Is it just downstrokes, Davey?
                nope, it's up and down strokes.. just downstrokes would pretty much kill me lol... you really can hear a diference between just fast downstrokes and up n' down strokes plus the maiden signature 'gallop' technique. comes from years of wankin

thanks guys, you flatter me

Comment

Working...
                X