A Complete Rough Draft Of What's Going On In This Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Complete Rough Draft Of What's Going On In This Thread

CHUNKY. I'd forgotten how much low end thunk the Custom has.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

It has it's chunkiness, but I think alot of that has to do with the bass in the background. And that's what this whole process is going to be about. It's about the different tones of each pickup and how they react within the context of a band type situation. To me the Custom sounds somewhat bright at the moment in the context of that bass and drum configuration.

Anyways, we'll see what happens at the end of the day when all of the guitars and pickups have been recorded the way they are. It'll be something to listen to as a guide somewhat, I reckon. Hopefully it'll help people.

Comment

Yeah, do all your pickups within the context of that jam.

Also, that song idea is pretty close to being a fully fleshed out song. You could take this recording opportunity to just finish writing it as a complete song. Then, after doing all your pickup demos, write some lyrics and sing over it.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I'm still missing some teeth from the first time I heard it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              It has it's chunkiness, but I think alot of that has to do with the bass in the background. And that's what this whole process is going to be about. It's about the different tones of each pickup and how they react within the context of a band type situation. To me the Custom sounds somewhat bright at the moment in the context of that bass and drum configuration.

Anyways, we'll see what happens at the end of the day when all of the guitars and pickups have been recorded the way they are. It'll be something to listen to as a guide somewhat, I reckon. Hopefully it'll help people.
              Great idea & awesome track \m/

...and sweet solo's! I thought the rhythm was a touch too trebly/crisp ...but maybe because of it being a little high in the mix. A bit more low end would round it all out nicely..
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

rlly killer! that is the punch to teh face that Iz neededz very AIC sounding, great riffage writing/playing, nice breakdown too, epicnezz

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                  I'm still missing some teeth from the first time I heard it.
                  You're lucky dude, I got a partial brain damage.
                  Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                  Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                  Musicians are ****ing retards.
                  Originally posted by ex-250
                  Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Having just listened, I'm probably going to be coming at this from the wrong angle, but .... I liked the track, the guitars sounded great, the playing was great and it sounded like music. I have no opinion about individual pickups.

However just maybe, that's what it should be all about. Maybe we should hear music, and if we like it enough, we go on to enquire about what guitar, pickup, amp, mic's etc were used. And another 'however' ... if i heard the same track where everything was the same except guitar pickups, then several other versions where the only difference was guitar pickups .... probably then i might prefer one version over another. And i realise that that's probably the long-term goal of this project (and it's a damn fine project).

But as it was, just hearing this one version, i simply liked it all, nothing jumped out at me as being sonically out-of-place. These days i seem to me more 'music-centric' than 'guitar-centric' as a listener, although the overall tone of whatever music i happen to hear is important to me. The overall tone of your track kept me listening, the individual sounds were good and the sum of those parts was enjoyable to listen to. Not one thing made me want to turn it off or adjust my amp and speakers that i'm listening through.

I dunno if that's helpful or not. It's certainly not negative in any way, but my focus may not be the kind you were looking for. I just heard the whole thing and liked it a great deal. And that's how i prefer music to hit me. If you told me down the track that you used Teisco guitars with an amp and pedal built by your buddy down the street, my response would be 'really ? Well ya sure made it sound good'.

sheet, sometimes it's hard trying to get what i think and feel into words. S'probably why i prefer playing the guitar, hehe.
                    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

I can't get the damned thing to load properly, but the first 6 seconds I hear before the intarwebs craps itself sounds DAMN good. I think maybe my green V needs a Custom.

Comment

That rocked!
                        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

killer stuff jolly - you're quite the lead player, lots of feeling and cool phrases!!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                            killer stuff jolly - you're quite the lead player, lots of feeling and cool phrases!!
                            Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate that coming from you.

We haven't spoken since you moved to California. Give me a holler sometime.

Comment

Excerpts :

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                              Having just listened,

These days i seem to me more 'music-centric' than 'guitar-centric' as a listener, although the overall tone of whatever music i happen to hear is important to me. The overall tone of your track kept me listening, the individual sounds were good and the sum of those parts was enjoyable to listen to. Not one thing made me want to turn it off or adjust my amp and speakers that i'm listening through.
                              ===============================

Same here good sounds , I was at first thinking [ hmmm generic metal - - - ]

Then the song kicked in and I saw into the different parts and sounds and well - - -cool

HR
                              It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Working...
                              X