Mixing Vocals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Vocals...

I'm kinda new to producing full band mixes, and especially new to recording clean vocals.

Can anyone give me some general tips and tricks to make for nice sounding vocal tracks that sit nicely in a blues/rock mix?

The problem I'm having right now is that I've laid down a good performance, but it's sticking out too much in the mix (not volume wise)...it's for the most part sitting pretty at 0db at the peaks, but it's not really meshing into the mix.

Cheers!
    Last edited by CTN; 07-18-2012, 06:29 PM.

Re: Mixing Vocals...

Go to YouTube and search for Pensado's Place "Into the Lair" Vocal mixing. Thank me later.

Mixing vocals is a real art form and getting them right "can" take quite a bit of work. Read all you can watch Pensado's Place and good luck!

Dave Pensado is a top shelf mix engineer.
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

recently twilight odyssey mixed a song for some dude on here and he did a bunch of crazy stuff to the vocals to have them sit well - not sure where the thread is, but maybe he does!

Comment

Filter the low end out a bit, probably boost the top end depending on what kind of mic you're using, and compress compress compress.
        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Remember to add a bit of distortion, even if the vox are clean. If you add it to the right frequency, you can't hear the distortion but it gives you very much clarity.
          Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
          Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          Musicians are ****ing retards.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X