Tone test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone test

I recorded a little clip of myself screwing up easy riffs to test out my recorded tone, so the playing is sloppy. I was using my new toy, my Washburn Renegade with an Alt. 8 in the bridge. I love this pickup. I was using my Digitech Bad Monkey as a boost into my Blackstar HT-20 head (I used the emulated output). Once again, this isn't a very accurate representation of my tone, but it is as close as I am getting without a mic.

My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: Tone test

You wanted some metal, you got some metal.

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

not too bad!!

If you weren't using a mic then how come I can hear your picking/string noise? You sure your computer mic was disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
        not too bad!!

If you weren't using a mic then how come I can hear your picking/string noise? You sure your computer mic was disabled?
        You know, I kinda wondered the same thing, I think it may have been. But it still kinda confuses me, because I have never been to get the mic to sound that good.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

if your computer has a line in jack, then plug the amp into that, then go to the computer's audio mixer and select the line in input for recording and/or disable the computer's mic/mic input.

That should fix it.

Tone sounded pretty good though...a little bit boomy in the low end, but otherwise good.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
            if your computer has a line in jack, then plug the amp into that, then go to the computer's audio mixer and select the line in input for recording and/or disable the computer's mic/mic input.

That should fix it.

Tone sounded pretty good though...a little bit boomy in the low end, but otherwise good.
            Thanks man.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Working...
            X