thoughts on band's demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on band's demo?

i'm just seeing what people think about my band's sound. the way id describe it is like every time i die, but with more of a rock/punk feel. some people call us screamo, some metal, some punk, so im just trying to feel out what the majority thinks. personally i dont care about genre names but its hard to explain without them

requiemofashes.bandcamp.com <- long island swede style melodeath

http://lucksrevenge.bandcamp.com/ <- my old band, hardcore/southern rock mix of big riffs and screaming

owner of RocketSauce Studios...we're awesome

Ibanez Premium RG927->whole mess o'pedals->Mesa/Boogie Mark V->Mesa big ass 412=lovely death metal tones

Re: thoughts on band's demo?

Really catchy riffs you have in there! I like it a lot
    Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
    Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    Musicians are ****ing retards.
    Originally posted by ex-250
    Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

thanks man. i try to write stuff heavy and aggressive enough to get people going live, but catchy enough that more than just hardcore kids will dig it. even if one person is into it, it makes us feel good to get people moving

http://lucksrevenge.bandcamp.com/ <- my old band, hardcore/southern rock mix of big riffs and screaming

Ibanez Premium RG927->whole mess o'pedals->Mesa/Boogie Mark V->Mesa big ass 412=lovely death metal tones

Comment

Originally posted by NevermindUs View Post
        even if one person is into it, it makes us feel good to get people moving
        I know what you mean.

But yeah, that sounds very good. I've never been a big fan of scream/screamo vocals or that kind of stuff so I'm not going to judge them. I'd definitely come to your gig if I had the chance! And would mosh & pit the hell out of it

E: Surgically well executed songwriting, both are 4:23 long
        Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
        Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        Musicians are ****ing retards.
        Originally posted by ex-250
        Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

ya its pretty hardcore/screamo genre sounding, prolly could make it sound more punk if you wanted...last song is more rock sounding tho

I was just listening to the new periphery album, so it is true I can handle some spokenword/screamo, but I prefer singing as it is more musical but kids these days like teh uber metalz fo sho....

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
            I know what you mean.

E: Surgically well executed songwriting, both are 4:23 long
            lucky coincidence hahaha

and everdrone, from what i can see in your sig you have my ideal rig, right now im running a black sg standard into a jim root terror in the studio and a laney gh50l live but soon theyll be replaced by a thunderverb hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by NevermindUs View Post
              lucky coincidence hahaha

and everdrone, from what i can see in your sig you have my ideal rig, right now im running a black sg standard into a jim root terror in the studio and a laney gh50l live but soon theyll be replaced by a thunderverb hopefully
              awesome brutha! it is a lifer amp, I am never getting rid of it humbuckermusic.com has great deals on orange and is very reputable, though guitarcenter/MF price matches plus 10% of the difference... a bit more $ than some marshalls but not by much!

you are miles above most on this forum, you are in a band and will be gigging! a lot are not gigging and do not have a demo of their original music for others to listen to. It is good guitar work, keep it up!

Comment

Thank you for just listening and taking the time to respond, it means the world to us

Comment

Working...
                X