banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

HEADS UP: ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale right now, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

Re: ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

I saw that in the GC ad yesterday. Awesome deal.
    Originally posted by MikeS
    a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
    whats becoming of this generation
    We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Re: ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

ooo, dfh expansion for $40, might jump on that one!

Comment

true dat drumkit from hell etc $40 ^^ http://www.musiciansfriend.com/searc...tion=toontrack

Comment

Skip DFH and get the Metalheads or Metal Machine expansion instead.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
            Skip DFH and get the Metalheads or Metal Machine expansion instead.
            Noted, but with those names it feels like buying a DOD "death metal" pedal to play death metal riffs - not my style ya know? I hope I'm wrong.
            Last edited by DankStar; 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              Noted, but with those names it feels like buying a DOD "death metal" pedal to play death metal riffs - not my style ya know? I hope I'm wrong.
              You can use the drums to play anything you want.

DFH has better MIDI files, but it's not the best sounding expansion. (In fact, it's probably the oldest one.)

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                You can use the drums to play anything you want.

DFH has better MIDI files, but it's not the best sounding expansion. (In fact, it's probably the oldest one.)
                Ah, thanks for the info!

Comment

I would check out steven slate drums 4

It's $99 full price and is miles ahead of EZD and isn't massively outdated as EZD is either.

Last edited by Toe-Knee; 08-02-2012, 12:54 AM.
                  Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
                  WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
                  http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Originally posted by Toe-Knee View Post
                    I would check out steven slate drums 4

It's $99 full price and is miles ahead of EZD and isn't massively outdated as EZD is either.
                    What makes it miles ahead of EZD?

Take it from the viewpoint of someone who wants to be able to drag and drop beats and fills into reaper to use behind original music.

Comment

I prefer BFD2. I compared BFD and DFH samples when deciding on which one to go with, and I didn't like the fact I could hear hardware rattle and some mysterious "pooka pook" sound with the DFH samples.
                      Originally posted by Brown Note
                      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
                        What makes it miles ahead of EZD?

Take it from the viewpoint of someone who wants to be able to drag and drop beats and fills into reaper to use behind original music.
                        You can do that.

It also has conversion maps from all the other drum packages etc too and a massive library of midi that rather than being programmed are actually played on midi kits so they have all the natural dynamics in.

Other than that the samples themselves are a lot more detailed and flexible you can also layer up say 8 snares to get your sound if you wish.

The customer support is fantastic and you can email steven slate directly with issues and he gets back to you really fast.

I use guitar pro and I couldn't figure out the mapping at all and I emailed him regarding it and he created a custom map for me and a multi out template for reaper within 2 hours.

Another great thing is the software itself is always expanding. It's updated regularly with new features being added and requests from users which is a nice touch.

At the end of the day it's all personal preference but I find the samples to be a lot better and the 32/64bit cross compatability is really handy for me as my laptop is 32bit but my main pc is 64bit and everything just works once you change the plugin the the 64bit version and it matches all your settings etc to what you had in the session.

I tried a lot of software starting with EZD back in 2007 then upgraded to DKFH to superior then bfd2 and addictive drums then SSD3.5 and the 50% off upgrade for existing customers swayed me to 4.0 on launch.

I used to be a drummer and out of everything SSD feels the most natural to me and following that BFD2.
                        WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

You can do that.

It also has conversion maps from all the other drum packages etc too and a massive library of midi that rather than being programmed are actually played on midi kits so they have all the natural dynamics in.
                          I actually find the Humanizer or whatever they call it in EZD to be very good. If the midi is played by a human, and say 4 bars long, does it also vary it from section to section? I wouldnt want 4 bars to be played EXACTLY the same as the 4 bars before, whether it is human or not.
                          Other than that the samples themselves are a lot more detailed and flexible you can also layer up say 8 snares to get your sound if you wish.
                          Not something that would interest me. I can see its advantage, but I could spend hours tuning 1 snare, much less finding 8 to layer. I usually just go with a preset
                          The customer support is fantastic and you can email steven slate directly with issues and he gets back to you really fast.

I use guitar pro and I couldn't figure out the mapping at all and I emailed him regarding it and he created a custom map for me and a multi out template for reaper within 2 hours.
                          I dont really know what this means. I remember installing EZD and then adding it to a track and dropping the beats in.
                          Another great thing is the software itself is always expanding. It's updated regularly with new features being added and requests from users which is a nice touch.

At the end of the day it's all personal preference but I find the samples to be a lot better and the 32/64bit cross compatability is really handy for me as my laptop is 32bit but my main pc is 64bit and everything just works once you change the plugin the the 64bit version and it matches all your settings etc to what you had in the session.
                          I use EZD on both 32 bit and 64 bit without any issues.
                          I used to be a drummer and out of everything SSD feels the most natural to me and following that BFD2.
                          I play drums (I am not a "drummer") and find EZD to be pretty darn good. It was also the easiest to use out of the box and get rolling for me. Would def be worth looking at if buying new, but dont see anything there that would sway me since I already own EZD. I really dont see anything that would make it "miles ahead"
                          I also dont see what makes EZD "massively outdated"
                          I do see why some people (including you) might prefer it, and at $99 looks to be a very good deal also, especially if/when EZD is back at $149
                          Now if it went on sale.......

Dont want you to think I am bashing ar anything, just saying that from my point of view I dont see anything that much better in SSD4

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
                            I actually find the Humanizer or whatever they call it in EZD to be very good. If the midi is played by a human, and say 4 bars long, does it also vary it from section to section? I wouldnt want 4 bars to be played EXACTLY the same as the 4 bars before, whether it is human or not.

Not something that would interest me. I can see its advantage, but I could spend hours tuning 1 snare, much less finding 8 to layer. I usually just go with a preset

I dont really know what this means. I remember installing EZD and then adding it to a track and dropping the beats in.

I use EZD on both 32 bit and 64 bit without any issues.

I play drums (I am not a "drummer") and find EZD to be pretty darn good. It was also the easiest to use out of the box and get rolling for me. Would def be worth looking at if buying new, but dont see anything there that would sway me since I already own EZD. I really dont see anything that would make it "miles ahead"
                            I also dont see what makes EZD "massively outdated"
                            I do see why some people (including you) might prefer it, and at $99 looks to be a very good deal also, especially if/when EZD is back at $149
                            Now if it went on sale.......

Dont want you to think I am bashing ar anything, just saying that from my point of view I dont see anything that much better in SSD4
                            I understand that completely.

The big thing for me is the actual sounds as on SSD it has both completely raw kits and some mix ready ones.

I find the EZD ones to be very plasticky and well old sounding.

Id say EZD is outdated purely because quality wise and the actual humanizing engine has been surpassed by pretty much everything that has come after it from every company.

The difference from EZD to superior 2 is massive.

Regarding the midi mapping that's something that a lot of people have issues with when swapping programs as everyone does the midi in different ways.

Say if you used the midis that you are using in EZD with BFD2/Addictive drums you would have to mess around with it a fair bit to get the kit pieces to actually be the same as they were in EZD so the maps completely prevent this as they convert the midi to whatever is required.

Regarding the midis they don't play the same every time around as there are a lot of different humanising settings to choose from this is where things get tricky. I have mine set so it is very dynamic and eat up almost 5GB of ram just for the different number of samples that are used alone.

One thing I should point out if you are ever curious is slate audio do a crossgrade offer where they give you a 50% discount if coming from a competitors product.

I would say though if you aren't wanting to get everything sounding really pristine and realistic and just want something to jam over then you would be best sticking with EZD as the other programs while having mix ready kits do have other kits that can take a lot of work to get perfect for the song.
                            WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

I understand that completely.

The big thing for me is the actual sounds as on SSD it has both completely raw kits and some mix ready ones.

I find the EZD ones to be very plasticky and well old sounding.

Id say EZD is outdated purely because quality wise and the actual humanizing engine has been surpassed by pretty much everything that has come after it from every company.

The difference from EZD to superior 2 is massive.

Regarding the midi mapping that's something that a lot of people have issues with when swapping programs as everyone does the midi in different ways.

Say if you used the midis that you are using in EZD with BFD2/Addictive drums you would have to mess around with it a fair bit to get the kit pieces to actually be the same as they were in EZD so the maps completely prevent this as they convert the midi to whatever is required.

Regarding the midis they don't play the same every time around as there are a lot of different humanising settings to choose from this is where things get tricky. I have mine set so it is very dynamic and eat up almost 5GB of ram just for the different number of samples that are used alone.

One thing I should point out if you are ever curious is slate audio do a crossgrade offer where they give you a 50% discount if coming from a competitors product.

I would say though if you aren't wanting to get everything sounding really pristine and realistic and just want something to jam over then you would be best sticking with EZD as the other programs while having mix ready kits do have other kits that can take a lot of work to get perfect for the song.
                              Cool. That all makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X