Tone clip: StraBro-90 + Tech21 VT Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone clip: StraBro-90 + Tech21 VT Bass

I've found that for quick and easy recording I can run my guitar into my Tech21 VT Bass pedal right into my sound card and it works pretty well! Here is just a little snippet.

Guitar: Fender MIM Strat
    Pickup: Seymour Duncan StraBro-90 (tapped mode)
    Pedal Settings:
    Level: 1:00
    Low: 10:00
    Mid: 1:00
    High: 12:00
    Character: 10:00
    Drive: 10:00

Re: Tone clip: StraBro-90 + Tech21 VT Bass

care to elaborate on this pedal and the stratbros?
    excellent direct strat sound

Comment

Re: Tone clip: StraBro-90 + Tech21 VT Bass

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
      care to elaborate on this pedal and the stratbros?
      excellent direct strat sound
      The pedal is from Tech21's "Character Series" which as far as I know is just supposed to be "analog modeling of a specific amp in a box."

This one is modeled after the Ampeg SVT, though with the "character" knob you can get some tighter "flip-top" type sounds (around 12:00) and with it all the way up it gets a real grindy, bright sound (works well for Yes when kept clean). I bought it because my Boss GT-6 wasn't cutting the mustard for the bass tones I wanted and it was pretty cheap. It obviously works fine for guitar, but it is a bit limited because there isn't much in the way of control for the low-mids. The "low" knob is sub-guitar range and just makes it thuddy and the "mid" control is a bit higher frequency, but for the sound I got in this recording it works nicely.

The Stra-Bro is a very cool pickup. It's supposed to be P-90 when full-on and vintage Strat when tapped. It's got a lot of character and a lot of versatility and does just what I want it to. I can only imagine what having a full set of them in a guitar would be like (I only have one in the neck position). Maybe in a bit I'll try to record a couple other things with it and the VT.

Comment

Working...
      X