banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone no if a guitar ever has to be cleaned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone no if a guitar ever has to be cleaned?

does a guitar ever have to be cleaned and if it does with what?
    Jackson JS1 With a EMG 85/85
    Vox AD50VT
    Crate MX15R
    Boss NS-2
    Tascam CD-GT1

Re: does anyone no if a guitar ever has to be cleaned?

Check out Dan Erlewine's book "Guitar Player Repair Guide". He goes through a series of steps to clean a guitar properly. It's pretty easy. Use a soft cotton cloth, breathe on the area to be cleaned, and wipe. repeat this a few times before using cleaners or polishing compounds.

Jeff
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

"The gunk keeps the funk"

To be honest I do clean my guitars, but I love saying that..."The gunk keeps the funk"
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

You can also blow out the pots if they get scratchy with some compressed air found at the hardware store.

I'll usually wipe down my fretboard w/Dr. Stringfellow's Lem Oil 3-4 times a year and Dunlop's polish whenever my wife spills cereal on my tele.
        Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

i usually clean mine when they 'look' dirty, just the shine goes on them..

i just use furniture polish on the body though, i've heard all the stuff about silicone based stuff, but all my guitars have poly laquer bodys, and i've noticed nothing unusual?

tom

Comment

Working...
          X