A clip of some of my own Metal riffs with an Alnico 8 '59/custom hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A clip of some of my own Metal riffs with an Alnico 8 '59/custom hybrid

I recorded it with my ipod mic, so the sound quality is crap, but my playing ain't that great either. I used a Bad Monkey overdrive in front of my Blackstar Ht-20 going into my Dime 4x12 cabinet with Eminence speakers.

My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: A clip of some of my own Metal riffs with an Alnico 8 '59/custom hybrid

Hey I might swap my a5 out in my hybrid for an a8. In your opinion how does it differ from the a5?

Comment

I actually don't know from experience. I just skipped straight to alnico 8 on this pickup. I might try swapping it back some time, I'll let you know if/when I do. I'm told the Alnico 8 adds more mids, especially in the lower midrange, and gives the pickup more power.

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
        Hey man... Do yourself a favor and get rid of the BM.

I got one but its not on my pedal board any longer... it's a tone sucker off.
        I guess he could opt for a true bypass mod to get around the buffer right? Some people actually prefer the buffer to darken the tone I guess but I've never been a fan of buffers, or even an effects chain for that matter. When I run through like 5 pedals and none of them have true bypass when off it's like night and day vs pedals that do, or just no pedals to begin with. Does this one pedal really dampen the tone that much when off? It would make sense with a price of $35. Gotta admit those treble/bass controls come in handy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
          I guess he could opt for a true bypass mod to get around the buffer right? Some people actually prefer the buffer to darken the tone I guess but I've never been a fan of buffers, or even an effects chain for that matter. When I run through like 5 pedals and none of them have true bypass when off it's like night and day vs pedals that do, or just no pedals to begin with. Does this one pedal really dampen the tone that much when off? It would make sense with a price of $35. Gotta admit those treble/bass controls come in handy though.
          I think it only really dampens the tone when it is off and the battery is low. I bought the adapter though, so it doesn't really matter to me that much.

However, I might be getting a new boost pedal soon anyway, because I hardly touch the bass and treble controls, and I use virtually no gain on the pedal, I use it more as a clean boost.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Working...
          X