Good Recording DVD ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Recording DVD ...

This has probably been mentioned already, but ... I just got thru watching a little over 3 hours of recording techinques and tips off the DVD ...
    Secrets of the Pros, the basics of modern recording and mixing techniques ... at $34 it is very good, and practical as to the details without getting overly techincal .. a simple breakdown on room acoustics is also provided (the single most important thing, this I agree), and practical treatments that won't require you to drag out the scientific calculator, and physics/acoustics reference books. I *highly* recommend this DVD, as it covers many mikes of choice (by model), as well as use of plug ins. Drum miking, vocal miking, DI work, just about everything you can think of, woodwind and horn miking aren't covered, nor more complex things like choir stuff, but very good.
    Covers also loops, and sequencing basics. I've seen a lot of questions get asked on this forum about certain basics, well this covers them all very nicely, the guys involved in this have been in and around the recording industry for a good long while (Manny LaCarrubba for one {man, I hope I spelled his name correctly}, and know the craft from both an academic standpoint as well as a practical/experience side that only comes from working day in and day out doing this stuff. In short a very good distilled version of very solid tools and techniques without a lot of bull in between.
    Anyone interesting in recording would only benefit from buying this DVD.
    On a side note ...
    I half jokingly turned to my brother (drummer) and said, *man what ticks me off about this, is I could have made this* ... To which he seriously responded ...*yes, you could have ...* I took that as a big compliment ... People might not believe me without the extensive industry background, but you should believe these guys!
    This DVD gets a big thumbs up!
    Last edited by Kent S.; 01-10-2005, 03:30 AM.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Re: Good Recording DVD ...

sounds interesting, where can I buy one?

Comment

Name of dvd please.
      Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
      Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
      Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
      Marshall 1960a
      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Al.C
        sounds interesting, where can I buy one?
        Sam Ash carries it, Guiatr Center probably does, and a lot of on-line places ... Just pop in the title under google search and it will give a lot of places carrying it ... He got his at Sam Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by Death's Acre
          Name of dvd please.
          It's in the beginning of my post ... I went back and bold faced it.

Comment

Working...
          X