Overture- Wampler Plextortion-335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overture- Wampler Plextortion-335

Messing around with my pedals this past week. The Plextortion is REALLY picky about guitars, previously I could only get my strat to sound worth a damn with it, but I have been able to dial it in for an old JMP MV type tone I think.

Slightly abbreviated version of 2112 Overture. Much better clip than that antihistamine induced garbage I posted last week, sorry. But, I cannot believe I messed up the easiest part of the solo (ascending triplet run, I clammed the first coupla notes) and played the hardest part, for me (the crazy pull off to open strings trill) fairly well. I had to do it over again at the end of clip, I was so mad, lol.

Signal Path: 335>Orange Box Phaser>Wampler Plextortion>Marshall Class 5>V30s.

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Overture- Wampler Plextortion-335

1 word.....KERRRRUNNNNCHEEEEE
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

cool sound

Comment

Thanks for giving a listen Bros!

The Plextortion is definitely a crunchy pedal ( as it is supposed to be). The pedal was in Vintage mode, the Modern mode is even more crunchy and has a big presence boost. Also the gain was only at 10 oclock. Thing has an insane amount of gain.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Sounds really good. A nice open sound.

Comment

Thank you kind Sir!

Comment

That sounds really good. The Plextortion into the Class 5 seems like a good combo.

What pickups are in the guitar?
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I like, it sounds period correct.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                  That sounds really good. The Plextortion into the Class 5 seems like a good combo.

What pickups are in the guitar?
                  Sorry Joe. Had not been in this forum for a couple days. Those were the stock Epiphones..the new Classic Pros that split. Essentially the 498/490 but made in China. I have since replaced them..twice. New clip in a day or three. And yes Plextortion is a pretty good match, as is my Zvex Distortron. I would like to.try Wamplers PlexiDrive, as the Wampler is a higher quality, more authentic tone IME than the Zvex.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  I like, it sounds period correct.
                  Thanks...definitely more crunchy than Alex's tone, but right smack dab in 1975/76, yes

Comment

I don't think it's crunchier than his live sound from that era.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Yeah..some of the live stuff from that era he is using a pedal .and can be pretty crunchy. (seems to be a big mystery among the Rush fanatics what he actually used...could be a maestro fuzz, or distortion plus). I did back to back my clip with some tracks off ATWAS,.and my sound was a bit rougher. He has a bit nicer smooth fizz going on than the Plextortion.

HOWEVER, my new pickups have softened up those rougher edges. Hope to get a clip up soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X