Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok! Boss GT-6 demo: "Beef and Oranges"

Originally posted by Stevo
    You always have great ideas bro.. very melodic with the chords. It's very 80s.. the smiths to the Ramones without the solo parts.. then, holy moly great shredding man!!

Dude you rock!
    Stevo, this is odd! I'm usually the one commenting on your tunes! My face lit up when I saw your post

And everybody, thanks much for wishing me a happy birthday! Seeing that you guys like this tune was a great gift in itself! And it gets better because I extended it and destroyed that nasty "icepick" sound to the cleans

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PUCKBOY!
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Niiice! Very quirky (but in a real good way.)

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
        Niiice! Very quirky (but in a real good way.)
        Thanks, man! That's what I was going for, a really weird and surprising song. Did the demo help? Weren't you interested in a GT-6 or GT-5, B2D?
        Watch My Videos
        Photography

Comment

bump!
          Watch My Videos
          Photography

Comment

A journey through different passages... a smorgasboard... what else can I say but that playing ability is what I sought after. Top playing Biu, keep it coming

How do you learn different chords? I have a chord book but it's kinda missing
            Originally posted by Kanye West
            Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
              A journey through different passages... a smorgasboard... what else can I say but that playing ability is what I sought after. Top playing Biu, keep it coming

How do you learn different chords? I have a chord book but it's kinda missing
              When your guitar teacher is a professional Jazz musician with a doctorate in Music Theory, you are kind of forced to know chords of all kinds It's a lot more fun than playing power chords all the time, and there's much satisfaction to be had in being able to form any crazy chord thrown at you (sheetmusic, please! ). Oh yeah, my guitar teacher thinks chord books are the devil!

Thanks for the praise! I WILL keep them coming
              Watch My Videos
              Photography

Comment

wow....i can't think of anything else to say but wow..very nice playing. the tapping was great as was everything else but i gotta admit 1:42-1:47 was my favorite part due to the fact that i have been playing for 10 years now and i still can't do that for sh*t lol...no matter what i try i can't nail that style of lead playing. also 2:51-3:15 has the makings of a great "radio friendly" song so to speak...that sounds like something i would write for my band for sure but with a heavier more punkish/distorted rhythm behind it (think mesa not marshall hehehe)....either way overall it was great and had some real great parts that just stuck out to me.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

LOL! It's about 3:46AM, and I almost screamed out "YEAH!" at 1:20 when it starts to really kick ass.

Comment

Glad you guys liked it! XSSIVE, I used mainly Marshall distorted tones, heh. Something about them I just love About that "radio friendly" part, I just love doing stuff like that, but I've never tried slapping it right after such a contrasting bit. mrid, if you DID scream, "YEAH!" and woke up the neighbors, my mission would be complete

This clip was a lot of fun to make and everybody's comments make it that much more fun! 10Q~!
                    Watch My Videos
                    Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X