New GP Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GP Clips

This is my little rendition of One by Metallica, theres a bunch of mess ups and made up parts in addition to old strings and a unfixed intonation problem, but here it is guys, the tone is still being worked on...

One

Re: New GP Clips

downloading.. man, once i get my GP back, i'll send you the rectifier preset i got, see how it works for ya

well, one thing i could never get out of the GP is a decent clean sound lol...

you got mistakes here and there, the tones work very well if you ask me (can i have that backing track?)

the distortion bit could be a bit smoother and perhaps more focused, but i'll see at the faster part.. it's a bit gritty, but couldnt need a bit more grind (yes, even MORE! BWAHAHAHA, you gotta play WFD man!)

the bit at 3:35 could be louder.

(is the backing at about 4 mins in, in the backing track or did you play? i think it's the backing track off that site right?

well, the gain bit seems ok, couldnt need that extra certain something, but i cant pinpoint it at the moment =/
    the lead needs more fat mids

you're off to a good start with the GP man.
    Last edited by Davey; 01-11-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Not bad sounding. I think the guitarport was a good choice for you. From what I remember, compared to your old clips, these sound way better.

Comment

thanks guys, um the back track isn't that short, i just dont know ne more after that part lol. this thing is infinatly better then my old recordings, it's jsut a matter of tweaking it to my likings

Comment

oh.. the dual lead part is very easy.. it's just the (minor i think) pentatonic scale, with a bit slower tremolo picking..

i need the ONE backing track... the master of puppets backing track, the battery backing track and quite possible some others too, so i can put together a lil medley =)

Comment

The heavy part really sounds evil.
            Nice job.

Comment

i have the One back track and the MOP back track. i tried to install the the 2.51 and my GP wouldn't work so i have to uninstall my GP and then re-install it for it to work again.

Comment

you have to install microsoft framerowk 1.1 too i believe (it uses some more USB thingies that isnt in the normal XP instalation.. but yea, you have to totaly uninstall GP and then install the new update

Comment

Hails man
                  i downloaded the clips...
                  there are some differences between the original and your playing, some stuffs are not the same as the original one, but thatīs ok.
                  the distortion is GOOD, but it sounds artificial... and sounds more than a V AMP than the GP.
                  talk with Davey, he Equalizies it very well.
                  iloved his EQS on the GP.
                  ****ing hails
                  J.P
                  Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                  Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                  Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                  Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                  Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                  Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                  Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                  Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
                  X