Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did another today. "petite Fleur" by Sydney Bechet

Bookmarked.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      here is ray doing it with a house band in Tamworth. the tune starts at 8:50. He makes a lot of slips but i think thats cos harps are not chromatic so its not easy to get all the notes. I think a Bb major harp will get you pretty close cos G is the relative minor of Bb and there is a section where the song changes from Gm to Bbmaj but you will have to bend the f up to f# when you go back to the Gm sections. I dont know what harp ray used.
      ====================

Man this guy has a really great tone going , lots of really great blue noting . Thanks his vibrato is cool and strong . He's been at it a while I can see . When you have been at it a while you can " feel " those half note steps and in time you begin to make a diatonic [ REACH ] and get them . There's a bit of sorting out the best key'd harp for this to happen . Some songs adapt easily into that in the [ Cross Harp ] or as technically termed " 2nd. " position . There several positions for the humble 10 holed diatonic to achieve chromatic results , " Lee Oskar " is one of those guys like myself who does this . The cross harp position is my domain , I love it . Your buddy Ray kicks serious @$$ my respect goes out to him , when you do it right it's like magic .

HR
      It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Ooooh yeah! Rhumba! Love it; great job on a timeless tune.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X