Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD

New **** Day

My band has a gig coming up in two and a half weeks where we have three hours of time to fill. We have about an hour of original material. Logical conclusion - lots of covers. That means backing vocals.

Luckily, I had an SM57 that I had acquired a month or two ago to record guitar stuff. I never got around to it, but at least now I have a mic! Picked up the attachment and the boom stand at GC tonight (along with a snare stand for my drummer's birthday, aren't I just the best bandmate). Of course, like an idiot, I didn't realize that the stand didn't come with an attachment to hold the mic. Fortunately, we had a spare one at rehearsal space, so I don't have to use schoolwork time to go and get one.

This is my first experience doing backing vocals, and my first time really experimenting with doing vocals and guitar at the same time. It's... annoying. But it's also a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll get better, I just hate having to start from the beginning compared to where I'm at with guitar. Oh well. I'm going to have fun singing on the covers we've got lined up, and I'm interested to see what kind of impact having backing vocals available may have on our original music.

It's also nice to have a way to talk over my drummer noodling around =D
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: NSD

w00t!

Comment

Working...
    X