Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK Tubemeister 18

Just a room mic'ed clip. My CTS was not cooperating this morning, be kind

Signal 335 (slashers, blue steel 10s)>Orange Box Phaser> TM18>V30. Mooer Reecho set for tape delay in the loop.

5Watt setting. I did this so it would be a better comparison to my Class5.

First clean with master full and and gain up half, then gain up full.

Then Crunch channel for a while. Gain at 3 oclock. Master at 3 oclock. Treble 11 oclock, mids noon, Bass 11 oclock.

Towards end: Lead boost with Phaser.

Last edited by JeffB; 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM. Reason: pour speling
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: HK Tubemeister 18

Damn! I say, damn, son. That sounds really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      Damn! I say, damn, son. That sounds really good.
      Mhmmm can't say it any better. I'm not picking up on any of the dryness I experienced though.
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
        Mhmmm can't say it any better. I'm not picking up on any of the dryness I experienced though.
        Well maybe it *was* the tube complement of the 5 watter?...or the crappy speakers?

Or both........
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I really like from about 2 min on. Great tones! Open but crunchy.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            I really like from about 2 min on. Great tones! Open but crunchy.

Thanks for giving alisten, Bro! 2min is right around when I switch to the crunch channel. And yes, open and crunchy, but individual notes are very round... the combination of which has eluded me for a long time. Really digging this amp, and as a die hard Marshall guy for 30+ years, it kinda pains me that perhaps *my* tone lies with another amp.

Comment

Working...
            X