*RUSH COVER* YYZ W/ 52 Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *RUSH COVER* YYZ W/ 52 Tele

RUSH YYZ Cover played to backing track. Using my 52 Tele.

Tone was matched from the original isolated guitar track. Its a bit fizzy and effected for my tastes, but Alex used this alot on Moving Pictures. Solo is not quite Alex phrasing. I don't have much experience with copying others. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are tough on a TELE for me so I chunk it/pick it even after a bunch of tries! LOL! You'll hear it. The A section and outro riff are also tough to pull off on a Tele for me. My PRS will be perfect, but this was a cool challenge and I am using some new great sounding custom wound traditional Tele bridge pickup by my good friend Don Mare. Will re-do with the PRS and a video.

Anyway hope you enjoy the vibe.

Cheers and thanks!

EDIT: I also have the original guitar RUSH/Alex isolated guitar track and my own track back to back I can post if anyone has any interest.

Last edited by Rodney Gene; 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM.
    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Re: *RUSH COVER* YYZ W/ 52 Tele

Impressive.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

That was awesome
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Brilliant, and you absolutely nailed that descending lick at the end of the solo - my favourite bit of that tune.
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
          Brilliant, and you absolutely nailed that descending lick at the end of the solo - my favourite bit of that tune.
          Thanks Chris! Appreciate the good word. Yes...that is a cool part, though one part I didn't get right this time with the Tele. That run is 100% hammer-on/pull-offs. Its really smooth. I had to pick the first note of each hammer-ons. I am learning new guitar techniques, hammer-ons 'rock' style being one of them. I found the original isolated guitar track to learn from.

I can post it with my playing next to it. The tones are identical. Not a great individual tone IMO, but good in the mix. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
            Impressive.
            Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            That was awesome
            Thanks bros. Appreciate the encouragement. Rock on! Cheers!

Comment

10 day 200 view love bump...for a great band, great tune, great guitar player and a great prog rock tone from my 52 Tele and AXE-FX.
              Alex is using the AXE FX now on RUSHs current tour for effects and for ALL acoustic guitar sounds. They have eliminated all acoustic guitars form the show as the 'tone matching' feature has provided the best live acoustic guitar tones through his piezos that they have ever heard live. I remember reading that though Scotty confirms it. Pretty awesome. Also using UAD plugins via laptops. Cheers!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I saw them in Manchester last Wednesday and they did sound rather good. The string ensemble was an interesting addition to their sound; one that worked very well indeed. The best show I've seen of theirs so far.
                Last edited by Chris of Arabia; 05-27-2013, 02:18 PM.
                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I'm 13 seconds in I can't tell that it's not Alex... one minute in and I can only tell that the guitar is just a little more polite in tone and attack (probably played by some Nashville hack. lolz) but is absolutely spot on.

Impressive as hell man!

Okay, I am at the solo and I can honestly say that it is the best Alex Lifeson performance that I have ever heard.

To say that you nailed it is an understatement and I am very familiar with the isolated track.

BRA-fuggin'-VO!!!!!!
                  Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                    I'm 13 seconds in I can't tell that it's not Alex... one minute in and I can only tell that the guitar is just a little more polite in tone and attack (probably played by some Nashville hack. lolz) but is absolutely spot on.

Impressive as hell man!

Okay, I am at the solo and I can honestly say that it is the best Alex Lifeson performance that I have ever heard.

To say that you nailed it is an understatement and I am very familiar with the isolated track.

BRA-fuggin'-VO!!!!!!
                    Ahahaha!! Thanks brother Zen! That is a cool post! I think if you heard the original back to back with my track (which I have) the fizzy chorused tone is pretty close, but the playing during the solo has some serious off moments! It took me a full Saturday to learn this tune and I haven't played it since! LOL! Back to country woodshedding. Gonna do it again at some point. Thanks for the good words! Appreciate it a ton!! Cheers!!

Comment

Well done sir!

Comment

nice man, sounds real good

Comment

Great work man!

Comment

Awesome! Hard damn tune to cop IMO
                            Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                            what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                              X