Mix clean-up: For Jenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix clean-up: For Jenny

This one I did a while back, but the mix was horrendous. I decided to clean it up a good bit. Let me know your thoughts!

Last edited by cream123; 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM.
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Mix clean-up: For Jenny

My thoughts are the track is currently not available.
    Last edited by JOLLY; 10-03-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. Fixed!
      Originally posted by kilphody
      There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

That groove and melody is the bee's knees. Your songwriting, singing, playing, recording and mixing is plenty good... there's real genius there.

Oh man, the new mix is wonderful. Love the Imogene Heap influence on the vocals (they could be a bit crisper and a wee bit louder). The guitar is (as usual) brilliant and gorgeous.

Gimme a louder and more present snare (and maybe kick?) and maybe a couple of loud and deep bass notes during the climactic moments. The groove is something really special and I'd like to see it exploited for all that it is worth.

Maybe have the solo I did for you as a "Song For Jenny" reprise. Could add variety to your album and having guest musicians is never a bad thing.

I'm just sayin... ;p
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

If you really want great mix advice (not saying there is not great advice here!!), you should check out mixcoach.com

Their slant is towards very commercial styles, but there is a lot of good takeaway info.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X