banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short play-through with my new AXL AL820 LP style axe..medium high gain/lead channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short play-through with my new AXL AL820 LP style axe..medium high gain/lead channel

Just some noodling/random chugs/licks...

No-frills single track recording. (..not really capable/set up for more.. ) So... Guitar --> Amp --> Digital handheld recorder up against the cab grill. No Fx except a bit of reverb from the amp.

Straight into the lead channel of my Bugera 333XL infinium head/stock cab at bedroom volume....

For a guitar I paid $140 for it really sounds great & is a complete joy to play. Definitely has a sweet LP-type tone going as well (to my ears..). The stock pups are awesome really...they're unpotted though, so theres some squealing at high volumes if I'm right in front & close..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Short play-through with my new AXL AL820 LP style axe..medium high gain/lead chan

I'd like to learn some of those licks. You have an interesting lead style.

Comment

Re: Short play-through with my new AXL AL820 LP style axe..medium high gain/lead chan

Lol..thanks ..& sure go ahead man. Those were just random wiggles though.. sloppy, but I have fun playing them...

I'm (mostly) self-taught and I guess my influences are a bit different. Lars Johansson/James Murphy meet Angus Young & Alvin Lee (from Ten Years After) for the most part, though I just do my own thing usually..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

AXLs are dead-nuts underpriced. Especially the USAs. I'd love to get hold of a 1216USA in the off-white or burst.

The lower ones get house-wound pups, and the USAs sport Lollars.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised with everything about it ..to say the least lol.

When I snapped this thing up on ebay for $140 ..I thought it would make a nice beater to mod/**** around with...really was'nt expecting this quality of sound or finish/build (& it's not even their US model..)
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 10-05-2013, 12:47 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X