banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Where is There You Are" (desert FUZZ rock -- drums, guitar, bass)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where is There You Are" (desert FUZZ rock -- drums, guitar, bass)

Hey guys, just finished mixing a song I recorded last weekend, I used the Amplitube "big pig" fuzz pedal modeled after the EHX Big Muff pedal. I think it is cool, but not all there. What do you think?

Here is my new "desert rock" fuzz rock tune:

Any comments or constructive criticism is appreciated, I am always trying to make better mixes and am practicing guitar/bass. Cheers
    Last edited by everdrone; 10-26-2013, 09:37 PM.

Re: "Where is There You Are" (desert FUZZ rock -- drums, guitar, bass)

Doesn't quite sound desert to me. Not enough drone. But I like it a lot.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

cool brutha, thanks much! I need to keep that in mind for going for the desert rock sound in the future

Comment

great ditty. I like the lead tone at the end a lot - you must have had the middle cranked for that somehow, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          great ditty. I like the lead tone at the end a lot - you must have had the middle cranked for that somehow, huh.
          Thanks DankStar! Glad you dug it, thanks for the listen. for the solo on the end I lowered the volumes of the rhythym guitars and bassguitar. the signal chain is amplitube into recabinet into ezmix. Ezmix has a knob that is titled "EQ shape" that somehow cranks the middle and puts compression into it.

I had fun with Amplitube guitar amp modeling - they let you test out their gear for a few days without buying so, for that last solo I am testing "Class fuzz" Based on Roger Mayer™ Classic Fuzz® pedal, into an Orange OR 120 that only has Hz and Khz knobs for EQ adjustments.

Comment

aw hell yeah!
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
              Doesn't quite sound desert to me. Not enough drone. But I like it a lot.
              I agree with this but it sounds good still!! if you want desert rock listen to the song in my signature
              Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 10-31-2013, 08:06 AM.
              Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
              Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
              Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                aw hell yeah!

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                I agree with this but it sounds good still!! if you want desert rock listen to the song in my signature
                Glad you dug my song dude, thanks for listening

the jam in your sig is up my alley, cheers

Comment

Your songs have an undeniable groove. I could see this being used as background music for a battle scene.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post

Glad you dug my song dude, thanks for listening

the jam in your sig is up my alley, cheers
                    No problem your clip is infectious.. I have come back here a few times now to listen to it!! lol
                    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Working...
                    X