Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Country PRS Style - Video

Here's the whole tune:Original Song "Fire In The Barn"

PRS Studio model: Bridge Position, Split Coil.
    The whole tune is pretty cookin (to play) but the solo starts at 1:30 if you just want riffage.

This is a 'clean tone'. Will post some dirty stuff in a month or so.
    If you want to learn this tune, buy the DVD in 6-8 weeks.

Honestly all of the tunes are lessons in thinking like a professional mostly. The mechanics come fast with the right mindset. Really fast.

Cheers and respect!

Thank you,

RG
    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Re: Hot Country PRS Style - Video

superb!
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Book marked for later!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Wow, smokin!

Comment

Not my type of thing at all, but well impressed all the same. Can I book a lesson for SXSW week?
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            superb!
            Gracias mate!

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            Wow, smokin!
            Cheers and thank you TO!

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
            Not my type of thing at all, but well impressed all the same. Can I book a lesson for SXSW week?
            Shoot Chris, just send me a PM. I've got a couple of hours here at the studio for any forum brother! Cheers and thank you!

Respect, RG

Comment

damn!
              got a distinct "jerry's breakdown" vibe from that tune
              you got a website, RG?

Comment

Not into country, but wow, that was pretty awesome!
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Loved it.

This may seem like a silly question, but what gauge strings are you using here?

Thanks!

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                    damn!
                    got a distinct "jerry's breakdown" vibe from that tune
                    you got a website, RG?
                    Thank you! Sorry for the delayed reply!
                    "Jerry's Breakdown? Hahahaha Well, I am grateful for the comparison, but I don't think putting me in the same sentence as JR is right!

Cheers!! (web www.rodneygene.com)

RG

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                      Not into country, but wow, that was pretty awesome!
                      Hey brother! Thank you! I appreciate the listen and good words.

I call it progressive country and its cool to take artistic liberties with while maintaining the feel and integrity.

Cheers!

RG

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                        Loved it.

This may seem like a silly question, but what gauge strings are you using here?

Thanks!

-Brian
                        Thanks Brian! Appreciate the listen.

String gauge is smart question. I use 10's. I do best with 10s. I have a box of 9s I bought, but I seem to bend them out of intonation too easy. Great for bends, fast, fast on the fretboard and easier on the fingers, but too slinky for me.
                        One of my teachers uses 11s. Big hands, huge baseball bat Tele necks and big bends on the strings.

Cheers,

RG

Comment

Rodney,

That was killer! I love your playing, man. When I started off I was way into the classic rock and considering how much country guitar playing is incorporated into that kind of music, I'm surprised I've not taken the time to learn it. I'll definitely be picking up your DVD though when I've the time to truly learn from all you can teach.

BTW, that Studio is killer! My bassist in my main band decided we're going to start a classic rock cover band, and we went to Guitar Center a few days ago to find him a rig. I went in figuring he'd walk out with a strat of some HSS variation, but it was all over when he picked up a Studio in Santana Yellow on clearance for $1800. If I didn't already have my new Music Man I'd be incredibly jealous of him, it's a hell of a guitar. Is yours still equipped with the stock bridge humbucker?

Thanks man
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                            Rodney,

That was killer! I love your playing, man. When I started off I was way into the classic rock and considering how much country guitar playing is incorporated into that kind of music, I'm surprised I've not taken the time to learn it. I'll definitely be picking up your DVD though when I've the time to truly learn from all you can teach.

BTW, that Studio is killer! My bassist in my main band decided we're going to start a classic rock cover band, and we went to Guitar Center a few days ago to find him a rig. I went in figuring he'd walk out with a strat of some HSS variation, but it was all over when he picked up a Studio in Santana Yellow on clearance for $1800. If I didn't already have my new Music Man I'd be incredibly jealous of him, it's a hell of a guitar. Is yours still equipped with the stock bridge humbucker?

Thanks man
                            Thank you brother Agile! Appreciate the listen and the support! DVD is going great and the PRS is making the greatest appearances actually (3 DVDs) LOL! Going to be a cool and bonafide original contribution to anybody's learning library.

Screen shot:

Santana yellow Studios are beautiful! I don't have the moxie for a Yellow guitar but I would play that! I love when it's done well! Congrats to your band-mate, they are killer cool strat type voices. What a great price on a great guitar!

And yep...im still 100% stock. I would like to experiment with the bridge pickup (no aftermarket for the middle and neck, though both sound original and cool) My only concern is the brushed steel cover on the humbucker. I like itl and I don't see that available on many aftermarket pickups. It sounds really good anyway.

Cheers and respect,

RG

Comment

Bare Knuckle would do it, or keep your original cover w new guts.

Comment

Working...
                              X