banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demo song from my namesake band -- TWILIGHT ODYSSEY track (classic metal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo song from my namesake band -- TWILIGHT ODYSSEY track (classic metal)

In 2007, TO was doing VERY well. Our debut album had cracked the top 50 in the US metal charts (radio play), we were consistently name-checked amongst the 'best release of the year' lists, made it onto covers of several obscure metal magazines and were featured in some less obscure ones like Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles and Rock Hard.

We were approached to cut a demo for Universal, which we did. This was just as the music biz as we knew it was sinking like a cross between Atlantis and the Titanic and before the rise of independent survival by means of Groove Shark, Band Camp, and Youtube.

Needless to say, the band imploded under its own weight. I have nothing but fond memories of the band.

Anyway, I recently uncovered the mixes from that demo and thought I would share 'em one at a time with you all good people. Enjoy!

Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 11-02-2013, 11:12 AM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Demo song from my namesake band -- TWILIGHT ODYSSEY track (classic metal)

Small world

It's awesome man.. \m/

Did'nt realise you were associated with the band....missed the connection with your avatar.
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 11-03-2013, 03:59 AM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Hehe, yes, if by 'associated' you mean wrote, recorded, produced, and was general chief cook and bottle washer -- then I was definitely associated!

Your CD is in much better condition than mine, too!

Of the 3 songs we tracked for Universal, in my opinion, Squadron was the weakest, in that it follows the template set forth on the album. The next 2 tracks I will post start pushing the sound outwards ... Another reason the band broke apart.

Of course, a remnant of TO continued on into my next band, Phantom Isle, as did my continued working relationship with Matt Stawicki and Charlie Dos Santos, who recorded and mixed these demo tracks.

Comment

Yeah well, it's seen a lot of play-time man. I think I bought mine sometime in 2007-08, soon after it's release. I remember the reviews at the time being very positive...and the album more than lived up to them.

Squadron sounded like it could've been off the album, great song. Would be cool to hear those other tracks though

You know, I think you guys were a bit too early to the party, the whole female-fronted true/classic metal thing is getting really popular these days. (Kobra & the Lotus, Battle Beast, Huntress, A Sound Of Thunder, Triosphere, Crystal Viper, Mystery Blue, etc). Maybe you should try and get things going again

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I am afraid that is not in the cards. I have my prog project, As Follows, which is set to release soon, and I could not be more proud of that project. After a 10 year collaboration, Peej and I have parted ways and she is singing in NJ based metal band, Midnite Hellion. I have a new singer, Gary Pickard, singing on the next album. Gary is a multi instrumentalist, a teacher at The Collective in NYC and has his own prog rock band, Nevereven.

I will post the second track tomorrow
          Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Too bad man, but that prog stuff of yours sounded great too...all the best with your upcoming release

Youtube

Comment

I wish I could be excited for the coming tracks but I have a feeling that I already have them.
              Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
              http://fret.boards.net

Comment

You probably do!

Comment

Working...
                X