Tommy Emmanuel - need I say anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Emmanuel - need I say anymore??

Watch this 7mb video all the way through, and I garuntee you're jaw will hit the floor.

I'd never heard this guy before, but I remember someone mentioned him in the favourite guitarists thread. So when someone posted this vid on another board I checked it out and well.. it speaks for itself lol.
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Tommy Emmanuel - need I say anymore??

Holy hell! That had to be the most amazing guitar video I've seen yet. I forgot he was playing acoustic for a while there, he plays so fast and has such amazing control of the guitar! That somehow reminded me a lot of those really old unaccompanied Ragtime pianists; just playing their brains out! Totally killer, Nuntius, awesome that you found that. Now if only I could do 1/100000000th of that...
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

if thats his acoustic blues thing then i know what you mean

he's insane!!!

Comment

Ive seen this before, he is a brilliant player

Comment

I've known Tommy since 1974 when I first moved to Australia. He was a teen ager and already called himself "Australia's Premier Guitarist" on a little hand lettered sign he'd put up at his gigs. We did a session once and he asked for a lift home. I was putting my guitars in the trunk of my car and he was pulling his acoustic out of the case. He sat in the front seat and played all the way home! That's how you get as good as Tommy.

He's got a brother too, Phil. He's just as incredible in a different, electric, way.

I love him 'cause he calls me the world's best slide player ... in public.

Kirk

Comment

That was neat. Seen it before. Emmanuel's great, his version of Classical Gas is my favourite version of the song.

Comment

Mmm yeah I learnt the intro for his version of Classical Gas, though I forgot it :@ When I used to get lessons, my teacher loved his playing, and got to meet and have a jam with him. He's got pictures of their meet all over his studio, lol.
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by KirkLorange
                I've known Tommy since 1974 when I first moved to Australia. He was a teen ager and already called himself "Australia's Premier Guitarist" on a little hand lettered sign he'd put up at his gigs. We did a session once and he asked for a lift home. I was putting my guitars in the trunk of my car and he was pulling his acoustic out of the case. He sat in the front seat and played all the way home! That's how you get as good as Tommy.

He's got a brother too, Phil. He's just as incredible in a different, electric, way.

I love him 'cause he calls me the world's best slide player ... in public.

Kirk
                Kirk your slide clips are freaking awesome! 'nuff said
                Originally posted by Kanye West
                Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Amazing! I have seen a couple of his classical clips which are also awesome. He gigged here last year but I missed him. It was a very small gig too!
                  https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Ralph Machio goes to hell if that's Jack Butler.
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

hly sweet mother of god! that was so awesome

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Lol and to think just how long he has done this little thing of his
                          Tommy is awesome!

Comment

Tommy Emmanuel was the first guitarist i ever saw live, about 5 years ago. He likes the Lake District (where i live) and sometimes plays at the local music spot in Penrith. It was a gig of about 100 people, and it was then i decided i had to learn get my arse in gear, get lessons and become as good as him. Hasn't happened, of course. He's brilliant.
                            Slash.....2 metres in front of me.....

www.blackjackuk.tk

~~Gibson 2004 Les Paul standard~~

MINT CONDITION LINE 6 SPIDER II 212 150w FOR SALE - PM ME

Comment

Dudes if you like Tommy you need to check out Doyle Dykes. Doyle is a mostly acoustic guy but he will blow your face off. This makes me want to start a thread!!!
                              I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Working...
                              X