Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track [pre-master] from my bands upcoming split Ep

Not Finished/Mastered yet...

But I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far...have a listen..

Click image for larger version

Name:	a0073342936_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	5831040

More Info:

http://cyclopeaneyeproductions.bandc...ance-of-namtar
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Track [pre-master] from my bands upcoming split Ep

Bookmarked!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Ok, first....Sounds great....I don't normally listen to this sorta thing, but I'm diggin this.

Second....Your singer sounds like a nightmare coming to eat all my Ritz and then talk about Raping me.....but not actually doing it...just standing there and watch me be uncomfortable at the concept. So Kudo's to him for that.

Third...at first I was like "I dunno if I'm digging the guitars panned hard like this..." but by the time I got to the first break, it made perfect sense. But I still think the separation makes it "feel" a bit weird/empty in the middle at times especially on headphones (I listened on a stereo and then on headphones...sounds fine on the stereo felt weird on the phones)....But also helps emphasize the parts that differ, and definitely lends ALOT of clarity to the vocal. Personally, still feel like it just makes things feel a bit to "clean", if that makes sense (I don't mean in a distortion aspect)...This seems like it should feel messier, and more raw...in the mix. The execution of every part is great, and I do enjoy the clairity of the mix. But for this sorta sound, I think a Raw, slightly messy, dirty, nasty vibe would work better for the mix........BUT, that's an artistic choice...and you gotta do what you think works best with your art. It sounds great as is, so don't take anything I'm saying as negative. More of a "If I'd mixed it..." sorta thing... and I like a trashy messy raw mix. so meh...Plus I don't normally listen to this sorta stuff, so chances are I'm totally wrong. haha.

Fourth...When the solo comes in...the hard panning, and then sweeping across the stereo field before settling on a mostly center hit....That felt, and sounded Perfect. I definitely loved that.

But all said, over all, sounds great man. Based on hearing this, I'd definitely go see you guys live for sure.

Now I'm gonna go make my drummer listen to this (he LOVES this sorta stuff)...and he'll probably buy some of your stuff off bandcamp, then tell me why I'm wrong for not thinking the mix is perfect, haha...An like I said, if anything I said seems negative, don't take it that way...more of a "I'd mix it differently" sorta thing...ya know? Either way, it's groovy stuff. Keep it up.
        www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
        I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Thanks for listening!!

..& for the kind words.. (especially about our vocalist haha...he'll be touched.)

I hear what your saying about the rawer messier feel. Personally, I'd have liked a bit more dirt in there myself, a grainier/edgier rhythm tone maybe ...but I'm not the one doing the mixing & I think ..personal preferences aside (I still like it a lot.. just, as you said it's a bit different than I might have done if I had the skills to get where I wanted to go), But having said that.. it's great mix. Far better than any we've ever had before.. (far ..far ..FAR better lol). So I'm not complaining..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X