Traynor YBA-1 cranked with dowtuned guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YBA-1 cranked with dowtuned guitar

I love this amp so much... cranked with the greenbacks it has this hollow grinding sound that just blows me away, sounded 10 times better in the room then in this phone video
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: Traynor YBA-1 cranked with dowtuned guitar

very thick. It'd be neat to hear that close-mic'd and room mic'd like this, then stacked and stereo'd. All sorts of bite goin' on.
    Makes me wonder...
    there's a band named Big Wreck who I went through a pretty obsessive phase over in the 90s. This tone feels really similar to the main guitarist's sound.
    4:00 on this song, specifically.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
      very thick. It'd be neat to hear that close-mic'd and room mic'd like this, then stacked and stereo'd. All sorts of bite goin' on.
      Makes me wonder...
      there's a band named Big Wreck who I went through a pretty obsessive phase over in the 90s. This tone feels really similar to the main guitarist's sound.
      4:00 on this song, specifically.
      Ahh nice I love Big Wreck and Thornley.. Both awesome bands and that Big Wreck song sounds wicked!

Yeah phone videos can't even begin to show the room sound with that traynor cranked and shaking the room! I love it but wish it took my fuzz pedal better
      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
        Ahh nice I love Big Wreck and Thornley.. Both awesome bands and that Big Wreck song sounds wicked!

Yeah phone videos can't even begin to show the room sound with that traynor cranked and shaking the room! I love it but wish it took my fuzz pedal better
        When Nickelback jokes were still funny, every time I heard one, I felt a little sad inside because Ian Thornley was a big backer of them. He let them do Mistake unplugged even. :\

Anyway, your rig sounds beast-mode man.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Yeah I remember hearing about Ian backing Nickelback and producing them ?? I love Ian's voice too, he is the Canadian Chris Cornell lol

And thanks man I love my rig!

Comment

cool man, the kyuss sounds killer through it

Comment

Dig it!

Comment

sounds killer..nice & fat/meaty!
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

thanks guys!

This amp has a very meaty sound, that is how I would describe it too. Also very hollow and grinding with just an overdrive in front.

Comment

Working...
                  X