banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folky Bagpipe (?) sounding guitar bits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folky Bagpipe (?) sounding guitar bits...

Short folky solo/overdub that ended up reminding me a whole lot of bagpipes haha..

Repeats twice in the song/clip (@ 0:27 & 1:42) .both times are fairly different. No funny Fx/tunings or anything..just overdriven guitar/reverb.

Pretty rough mix with just the guitars & drums..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Folky Bagpipe (?) sounding guitar bits...

This sounds like a rehearsal/practice, but I can hear where you're going. Cool!

The 80's band Big Country had the guitar/bagpipe sound down pat...

(@ 1:19 and 2:41)
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Re: Folky Bagpipe (?) sounding guitar bits...

It's the dry guitar/drum tracks for a studio recording.... just a very preliminary rough mix.

^ Nice tune, they did a good job there..obviously going for that sound with the chorus/pitch effect & everything..

I was'nt really aiming for a bagpipe sound at all ..just worked out something that sounded a bit "folky" for that part there as an overdub. That it turned out sounding the way it did over the backing track was a bonus/pleasant surprise lol. It's just my guitar (BC Rich with an EMG 81!) going into a distortion pedal with a tiny bit of reverb. The bagpipe touch comes from the scale/chord interaction ...way the solo interacts harmonically with the backing track..haha
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
      X