Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analog tube amp modeling stomps

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
    The BD121 is similar. a knockoff for bass. The Joyo 6-knob pedals (AC-tone, American, California, British) are knockoffs of the Tech21 Character series.
    Been meaning to try a Joyo....not a drive pedal though..got too many of those haha. That Voodoo Octave one seems interesting.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

i tried out a behringer. Very noisy unit. plastic case. cheapo switches.
      Sansamps are much nicer pieces of gear.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Not going to take the bait haha..

..I will say though, your ears must be a lot more discerning than mine..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          Or you could just get the Behringer GD121 for 1/4 the price... (and the same tone)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50203[/ATTACH]

Even has a balanced (XLR) out.

I own one of these Behringers - and I really hope the SansAmp does sound better as the Behringer is pretty horrible. Far worse (IMO) than the first generation of Line 6 modelers (which have improved a lot since then) and also nowhere close to the built in amp sims in Logic.

Comment

Different strokes as I said. I owned a 75W Line 6 Spider IV (new, improved ...since sold) & currently own one of these & I'd choose this over the Line 6 without a moment's hesitation for what I like to do...

Youtube

Comment

There are some head to head youtubes floating around and the tech21s do sound better. The behringers sound tinny and thin in comparison....but its close enough for many people.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

So what we get from this:

One man's "noisy" is another man's "tinny & thin" ....is yet another guy's "exactly the same (if you EQ it correctly)"

Different strokes..

Youtube

Comment

It's Behringer, it can be all of those and more. It's low QC wave-soldered SMD with board-mount pots in a plastic enclosure. It's practically a toy, but it's also rehouseable and re-hardware-able.

It's serving people well enough. Especially people who have easy access to this knockoff stuff like Joyo, Nux, Behringer, etc and little to no access to the real thing. The Tech21 version is already way more expensive in the USA, I don't want to know what the markup to send to Portugal or South Africa would be.

Comment

I've got a couple of the regular Behringer stomps (which are a bit tacky, build-wise) but this thing is a lot more solid with a thick metal base. I own a bunch of old DOD (USA) & Boss pedals and this one's heavier & just as sturdy, albeit plastic. I don't see it falling apart anytime soon tbh. Can't complain about the sound either...

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                      I've got a couple of the regular Behringer stomps (which are a bit tacky, build-wise) but this thing is a lot more solid with a thick metal base. I own a bunch of old DOD (USA) & Boss pedals and this one's heavier & just as sturdy, albeit plastic. I don't see it falling apart anytime soon tbh. Can't complain about the sound either...
                      Yea, that's me with the HM2 clone. For 20 bucks it hits very close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X