Updated instrumental space rock piece - PRS 305 tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated instrumental space rock piece - PRS 305 tones

Over the last few weeks, I've updated a piece I recorded in 2011. I got rid of the Battery drums and I'm using the EZ drummer Rock Steady drum kit in it now.
    I re-recorded the bass. I got an Ibanez Gary Willis signature bass in 2012 and a new Tech 21 Landmark 300 bass amp in 2013, and I was able to improve the bass tone as well as come up with a better bass line.

I was gonna stop there, but decided to redo the guitar solo. That took a few weeks of practicing, and a lot of takes I later blew away. Last weekend I finally got the solo sounding the way I want.
    The faded in clean guitars with delay are my PRS 305, as is the lead guitar. For the solo I miked my Peavey Penta with an AKG BT330 and a Stedman N90 mic, as well as run a direct track into Amplitube 3. I had a Swollen Pickle ahead of the amp, and used a preset with Big Muff in front of a Hiwatt amp in Amplitube.
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Re: Updated instrumental space rock piece - PRS 305 tones

Sounds fantastic! Great playing/vibe and excellent tones all round ...the solo just kills
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
    X