pre made totally free drum tracks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre made totally free drum tracks???

As some of you may know, I am scraping together a recording studio for my guitar class I teach at the high school here.

I have so far made much progress, we have decent monitors, a decent PC, running both audacity and mixpad (both free audio programs and pretty easy to use)
    4 Shure mics, new cables, a separate foamed up recording room and a console/mixing room.

What we are missing most right now is drums. I haven't had the time to even look online for anything, I am coaching softball on top of everything else in life, and haven't gotten to that yet, I figured some of you guys already know the ropes here....

I am looking for free very simple beats to be able to just import and have the kids write their own beginner songs over these drum tracks.

I know its not the best way to get it done, but these guys are just starting out and this I feel is the best way to get them to some sort of finished project before the end of the semester.

Thoughts? Ideas? websites? resources?

Thanks so much, you guys rock!
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: pre made totally free drum tracks???

I've got a CD that came with one of my Boss recording systems full of rock type beats with extra percussion tracks as well (like maracas) in high quality, enough that you can adjust the tempos on them without any artifacts. I could possibly burn a copy and mail it to you.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Some of these links are dead, but this is a good starting place for samples and loops.

Free drum kits for music production. Find the best drum sounds for hip-hop, trap, electronic music, and pop/rock drum loops.

Keep in mind, however, that most of these loops are for hip-hop and dance music. You'd be better off getting a program like Drumcore Free.
      A decent sounding kit with a bunch of MIDI beats. It's a freeware VST that works on PC or Mac DAWs.
      I've used it myself with good results. (I don't work for the company.)
      sigpic
      "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
      --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
      Originally posted by Lewguitar
      In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I was going to suggest the Alesis SR-16. It's 20 years old, but covers a wide range of styles and has a ton of sounds. However, the crackheads are on Ebay, so you might be better off looking into cheap/free software-based drums (though the sound/sample quality will most likely be greatly reduced).

Ideally, I'd suggest a quality program like BFD2.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Superdrumfx is a freeware vast with pretty good sounds. If you're running Linux at all there are freeware guitar pro can readers that can pull midi drum tracks out of the songs and save as separate files. Or get guitar pro, its a great program. Free GP5/4/3 tabs are all over the place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Tuxguitar is open source (free) and reads guitar pro tabs just fine. The midi sound are . . . well, they're OK but you wouldn't want to put 'em on a recording.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
            X