My Youtube Cover Songs as Bassist:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Youtube Cover Songs as Bassist:

I am not the most tech-savvy dude in the world but I spent tonight doing a selfie of 8 cover songs and uploading to youtube, trying to land a spot (and land an audition ) in a rock cover band:

(1) Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing (2) Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (3) Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (4) AC/DC - you Shook Me All Night (5) Bon Jovi - you Give Love a Bad Name (6) Cheap Trick - Surrender (7) Alice in Chains - Man in a Box (8) Collective Soul - Heavy

I live in Austin TX. My free original music is here: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Re: My Youtube Cover Songs as Bassist:

Bookmarked for later.
    Bass players are rarer than hen's teeth here ... you would have the gig even if you didn't own a bass!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

rock on, man. You've got dat rock tonez down for sure.

It's too bad you played the Surrender song wrong; you're missing 8 strings on that bass of yours.
      Originally posted by Funkfingers
      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Bookmarked for later.
        Bass players are rarer than hen's teeth here ... you would have the gig even if you didn't own a bass!
        Nice! They are rare in Austin for original bands, but since cover bands get meaningful gigs on a frequent basis there is some competition for bassists for cover bands.

My vision is to play only cover songs on bass hopefully sooner than later, and eventually to start an original heavy rock band/project on guitar. I have a $100 bass that a guitarist could use at his home and rehearsal, and I would also let him use my bass rig and rick at shows I am saving up for a jamhub and electronic drums so we could practice at my apartment.

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
        rock on, man. You've got dat rock tonez down for sure.

It's too bad you played the Surrender song wrong; you're missing 8 strings on that bass of yours.
        Lolerz@8stringz with Surrender!!! Thanks much for the listen I use my keeley modded rat pedal through the Tech 21VT Bass pedal through Decimator noisegate to get the growl out of my amps, there is little growl in the peavey and gallien.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rick_Nielsen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	5776920
        Last edited by everdrone; 04-09-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

8 string nothin'

I have such a deep seeded want for one of these...
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

I would like to hire you to rock me. Rock me. Roll me through the night....

Comment

lolerz!

Comment

Working...
              X