Any clips of emg 85/81......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clips of emg 85/81......

that does not fall in the metal/nu metal category?

Re: Any clips of emg 85/81......

im gonna be completely honest here......i think anyone in their right mind wouldn't use EMG's for anything but metal. the cleans with the 81's are horrible, i mean i have to roll my volume down about 1/2 way jsut so i dont get a little gainy buzz, and my amp has some pretty decent cleans....i dont think your gonna find too many people with non metal EMG clips, but if you want i could try and record some stuff tonight w/ my EMG 81 loaded ESP EX400...anything you were lookingf or in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by HetfieldRules
      im gonna be completely honest here......i think anyone in their right mind wouldn't use EMG's for anything but metal.
      Who's that blues guy who uses EMG's in a V?

Comment

i should have rephrased my statement...it was more a generalization but it's mostly talking about the EMG 81 which is definitly an aggressive pickup and i find to be a one trick pony

Comment

i use a emg85 for 12 years now, i have never played metal in my life......and it still is my favorite pickup for rock and hard rock........i do not use it for cleans though.....single coils are for cleans......
          What i was looking for are some clips which can help me understand the different eq under distortion between the 85 and the 81......I used to own the 81 but i do not remember at all how it sounded.....(i recall i didnt like the treble responce)

Comment

i have a clip, but it is some metal http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/lpshreddersmusic.htm

a little farther down though

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
              i use a emg85 for 12 years now, i have never played metal in my life......and it still is my favorite pickup for rock and hard rock........i do not use it for cleans though.....single coils are for cleans......
              What i was looking for are some clips which can help me understand the different eq under distortion between the 85 and the 81......I used to own the 81 but i do not remember at all how it sounded.....(i recall i didnt like the treble responce)
              I would also love to hear some versatile clips but I have played a Lukather guitar with an 85 in the bridge and it could handle just about any style with ease.

Comment

The 89 is splittable and when splitted to singlecoil its real nice clean...
                Check out my clips HERE.
                The cleans doesn'r sound very good in my ears on these clips since I recorded it as clean as posible into the compuiter to hear the naked sound, but it might be interesting for you anyway?
                The 89 is according to some people an 85 in humbucker mode...?
                Last edited by ztevie; 03-06-2005, 03:28 PM. Reason: Oh, now I see you've been into that thread before...Sorry!
                Rek Custom Guitar (Duncan Full Shred set)
                Peavey Vandenberg Ed.2 (Tom Anderson HN3, DiMarzio Chopper)
                Peavey Vandenberg Custom Quilt Top (Stock pickups)

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
                  If we assume the 85 is like an 89 in HB-mode, then I'd say this:
                  The 85 is bassier and louder, with less bite. You are right that the 81 is kind of trebley. To me that's great, my Schecter is pretty dark sounding.
                  I do prefer the 81 when playing distortion rhytm and the 89 for leads and cleans.
                  Rek Custom Guitar (Duncan Full Shred set)
                  Peavey Vandenberg Ed.2 (Tom Anderson HN3, DiMarzio Chopper)
                  Peavey Vandenberg Custom Quilt Top (Stock pickups)

Comment

I love the 85- I've used it for lots of different styles. The 81 sounds ok, and has a lot more bite to it. I use it for rock more than metal actually- both pups combined make the best metal sound to my ears.
                    Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                    Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                    Marshall 1960a
                    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                    X