Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BLOG FOR Tips/Clips/Gigs/Practices/Recordings

You know you wanna.

I'll start. jammed with a guitarist/singer and drummer last night. guitarist just laid down a riff or two and once I got it down on bass, he just soloed like for 15 minutes for each song. bad acoustics, so even with my 212 bass amp on a stand angled at my head, I loose my note.

I stopped weightlifting and only do cardio and swimming now, and make sure to play guitar or bass every day of course. I do iso exercises and stretch before/after playing and am eating super healthy. I am noticing no soreness and feeling better all around, so I am happy about that; will be finishing off a new song soon. I put some songs for free download on bandcamp; I am thinking maybe bandcamp is better to get my stuff out there, cause my songs have been downloaded only twice from soundcloud anywayz Huh maybe better sound quality at least.

Re: The BLOG FOR Tips/Clips/Gigs/Practices/Recordings

Nice to read you are feeling good! I am prepping for the CMC race in September, so added running and HIIT 2x per week to my hung ga practice. I am a firm believer in running only if there is something chasing you, and only do it when prepping for a race. Basically equates to 5-6 months out of the year.

Started practicing hot country licks to add to my repertoire. Going to spend the next year working on my soloing style for the next album.

Current album is selling okay ... Trying to get my band recognized by the Prog Archives right now.

Almost completed the first song for my next album. Working title is Hunter-Killer.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cool man! I did shodokan style karate (karate kid type punches and kicks) for 10 years. good luck on the race!

I have been doing Yoga once a week for a month, and after yesterday's Yoga class I felt like I pressed the reset button on the past. I am practicing on my fretlight my blues and classic rock licks daily now. was stoked to release and finish my new tune yesterday, very cathartic feeling to hear the final product! I promised to myself to not remix and remix it, but rather just focus on my chops and leave it as is (though I know what I want to tweak if I let myself ) ...I just need to abandon and move on to my true goals.

Comment

Been doing yoga for about a month; at one class a week. added swimming to my cardio regiment, I have gone twice now and got weird muscle cramps. also limited my weightlifting to one day a week and started it back up; no pulling type exercises per all the books I bought on guitarist health. The books say swimming is great. I am keeping my lower body lifts the same, but limiting upper body to bench, military, and reverse pec deck for my back since there is no gripping needed for that either really.

I am finishing up a new recording, and trying to make sure I play at least an hour a day; been studying my black sabbath instructional video and blues videos; not that I need to cop MOAR blues and sabbath in my music but it flows that way sometimes.

my big goal is to get my chops up and save money. I plan to get two 212 lightweight cabs and a roland vdrum setup with the KT10 double bass pedals to drum quietly in my apartment and Jamhub so the band can practice there, and then record the album using vdrums. So I am hoping to be ready for these purchases in 6 months near the Christmas sales

Comment

Nice! Sounds like a plan!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X