Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Problem with my sound...it just aweful

hey guys
    My Equipment: Evh 5150 III 50 Watt with Harley Benton(loaded with v30) and a Charvel Desolation with Emgs and a ****y cheap Ibanez from a "Starter packet"
    (MY 3. Guitar is distroyed by water Problem caused by my neighbor)

My problem is that i can't find a Sound that i like for high gain metal stuff(more into the technical stuff). i cant help myself
    I want a sound that is very clear and direct but not to hard in the higher frequencies and so dirty in the mids. I already turnt off presence, cut the treble a bit and had the mids between 6-8(that made it muddy btw) and tried different gain setting.
    I want a sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7QJssinL1L8 (just posted by Engl)
    or like Necrophagist/Obscura.
    I have a Boss Metalzone and a ISP Technologies Fetish Distortion.
    Btw what I done else:
    1. Different stings (10. daddario and Elixir are my choose)
    2. Different Picks
    3. adjust the Pickup heights
    4. adjust the Neck (no buzzing, not to low etc.)
    5. Different cable
    6. Far away from the amp
    7. played the Amp very loud
    8. Checked the batterie
    9. in my basement are no other electronic divices
    10. different Guitars with other Pu
    11. Let sombody else play my gear
    (And the stuff i forgot, i often play my stuff on the clean channel so i make sure its very clear etc.)

Re: I got a Problem with my sound...it just aweful

Well I've heard that the 5150 has a lot of mids and highs, so you might have the wrong amp.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Spamming identical threads in 2 sub forums
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

that's why it looked familiar...
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

1) don't use the metalzone for anything unless you need a good paperweight. The average Metal Zone weighs about 0.4kg, and makes a very good paperweight. If you're going to use the ISP Fetish Distortion, turn the gain down, the fat knob down and play with the tone knob until you get a clear, crisp sound.

2) Get however much gain you need from the amp. But don't max the gain. You get more clarity when using less gain. Michael Romeo's guitar sound doesn't actually have very much gain at all, but it sounds crystal clear and articulate.

3) Start with the EQ knobs all at 5. make small adjustments to reduce boominess, reduce fizz and increase note clarity.

4) with your gear (except for the metal zone), you should have no trouble getting a clear, articulate sound. If you can't, then maybe you should practice getting your technique clearer and more precise.

Comment

Throw those pedals in the trash can, and use your amps gain/distortion. There is a reason metal heads like them.

Comment

If you need more gain than a 5150 can dish out something is wrong.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
              Nope...

Comment

I've been thinking about you since your last post that was this. You need to get rid of the tubes and the pedals and find an Line 6 Vetta or, if you have the money, an AxeFX. You're looking for precise, yet saturated hi gain that you can shred on and you're not liking what you have in front of you, gear-wise. Get a full-digital modeler and some means to make it louder and you'll find your nirvana. No joke, man. Pros get to write off their expensive heads as tax writeoffs, and the sound you're looking for is thousands of dollars to achieve. Just solve it the way People like Dino Cesares does and run a modeler amp into a PA system. Tosin Abasi does it too. His rig was an AxeFX into a powered 15in PA speaker for a long time.

Sell your 5150 to one of us.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

You can donate that amp to The Big Flannel Children's Charity, (hitherto "BFCC"), you'll brighten someone's life with the gift of music and you'll get a tax write-off.
                   Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

I have this amp and a similar cab setup
                    agree, dont use the pedals

if you can't use the blue channel and have to use the red channel, start by doing the following
                    turn the resonance (bass boost) all the way down, and the presence all the way down.
                    keep the gain as low as possible while still getting the definition and sustain you need.

EQ to match tone, and only then start bringing your gain higher, and even using the presence control.

It seems like a normal idea to throw these 3 knobs dead center and try to make a usable tone but I've found that they simply get in the way until you get something close.

You can get that tone with your amp!

Comment

Working...
                    X