banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clip Hosting Website That Allows 320kbps Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip Hosting Website That Allows 320kbps Quality?

Looking for a new home to stash my... stash.

I only do 320kbps .mp3's...

Free hosting is best (haha of course).

Anybody got any tips? TIA!

(oh yeah, what about Soundcloud? Is that any good?)

Re: Clip Hosting Website That Allows 320kbps Quality?

Soundcloud has taken a lot of my sound files and downconverted them. Sounds like a bucket of hog poop.

I like Dropbox free, they take zip files, and host all kinds of file formats (wav, mp3, ogg vorbis, AAC).
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

SoundCloud would not work, in any event. The metadata would send up lots of red flags. I had a Peter Gabriel song on a CD that I wanted to use as a ref and I tried putting it on SoundCloud just so I could transfer it from one computer to another; nada, had to rip the CD and do it the old fashioned way via an external drive.

What exactly are you trying to do? Put your music online? Or just have it available from anywhere in your house that's on the same network?
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
        Soundcloud has taken a lot of my sound files and downconverted them. Sounds like a bucket of hog poop.

I like Dropbox free, they take zip files, and host all kinds of file formats (wav, mp3, ogg vorbis, AAC).
        10-4 and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
          SoundCloud would not work, in any event. The metadata would send up lots of red flags. I had a Peter Gabriel song on a CD that I wanted to use as a ref and I tried putting it on SoundCloud just so I could transfer it from one computer to another; nada, had to rip the CD and do it the old fashioned way via an external drive.

What exactly are you trying to do? Put your music online? Or just have it available from anywhere in your house that's on the same network?
          I've had a Soundclick acct since 2003 and I need a temp place to upload hiQ mp3s; possibly a permanent place.

Soundclick is cool but they haven't upgraded anything in a decade.

I do have a Google drive and the last clip I did I uploaded (Ariel - Rainbow) and tested and it downloads. But... Soundclick has stats and stuff.

So, something like Soundclick, HiQ (320kbps), free (if possible) and up to date with the latest whizbang coding.

I know, I ask for too much.

Comment

Working...
          X