No announcement yet.

Old school/trad-metal soloing on steroids.. 13 mins of just ripping it up :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school/trad-metal soloing on steroids.. 13 mins of just ripping it up :D

Another lo-fi, no frills, plug-in & play metal solo ....warts & all

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-17-2014, 07:04 AM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Old school/trad-metal soloing on steroids.. 13 mins of just ripping it up

Yes, you rip it up. Solos should be long: everyone in the audience wait for the final very very long guitarsolo.

Comment

Thanks man I agree, nothing like an endless guitar solo to end your show haha. Pretty much what I just did on Saturday

This is actually the first clip I've recorded where I'm totally thrilled with the sound as well ...sounds like it came straight out of a studio for the 80's trad/speed/power metal underground (Axehammer, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Sleepy Hollow, Warhead, Fates Warning etc..)

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Those tones are VERY dated sounding ... well done! Like the natural minor riff, too.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks!!

..yeah, they (tones/the whole sound really) are very raw, dated & underground sounding..maybe a bit like early Chris Holmes/Ross the Boss..but also like a lot of those lesser known 80's bands ..with the low budget productions & incredible, unforgettable (for me) albums

Not that I was really trying to nail anything in particular haha..just pretty pleased with the way it ended up sounding..

Youtube

Comment

Yep, keep doing what you're doing, man.

Ross the Boss ... that's a throwback name! You happen to be a fan of the bands October 31 or Twisted Tower Dire by any chance?

Comment

Thanks dude..those clips are my "practice sessions" for the day most of the time haha..

Yeah, I like both those bands...I have a couple of Twisted Tower Dire CD's. I'm a huge Deceased fan as well (King Fowley sings for October 31) They're both from the late 90's though, ie they're "true metal" ..like Twilight Odyssey

Youtube

Comment

Ha! Yes, true metal, indeed. We played a lot of shows with those bands. They were all great guys off-stage, too.

Comment

I hate to be the Debbie Downer on this again but...

Am I the only one that thinks this is just muddy? Just way too much delay/verbs/low volume that its hard to hear whats going on? I'm sure half of what your playing is some cool stuff (I haven't heard a 13min long solo that's been all killer no filler hahah) but I just can't tell!
                  TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

..I'm not really going for high-fidelity here..just jamming a long solo & having fun

As things turned out ..it's pretty 80's underground/low-budget album/demo sounding..and pretty authentic to boot, mud, verb & all

Maybe my ears are more tuned to this sort of stuff...(t's pretty much all I listened to in the 80's haha) ...but I can hear everything that's going on pretty clearly myself..

Youtube

Comment

Heh cool....totally underground from back then......
                      Good noise!
                      Got some Motörhead in there as well
                      Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 12-23-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks Vasshu!! Yeah..definately some Motorhead

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                        X