EQ test..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ test..

ok, looks like i failed my decision to be away from the internet for a while...

so anyways...

i recorded something today, nothing special i just recorded my little progressive metal song main riff so i could test out some eq'ing.

the idea for it was to have a semi scooped tone and then add some mids in when i EQ it. i added an acoustic in there as well to see what it'd sound like

i think it was okay for my first time, but i would definitely apprectiate some advice!!

i used my les paul tuned to B standard to get that dream theater "a change of seasons" vibe

Re: EQ test..

one thing i noticed which i tried to get rid of was the tone on the harmony riff in there. it sounds thin and kinda buzzy, i tried to get a thicker tone but i couldn't figure out what to do with it, so i just left it for you guys who are used to eq'in could help me out with this..

Comment

looks like no one cares but...

im gonna get a mixer soon, and get an SM57 or PG57 mic. hopefully when i get those i can get a much better tone

Comment

Sounds alright man, but theres a werid resonance in the background which I guess is the acoustic?

Btw I checked out your reggae thing, some nice licks in there man.

Waiting to hear clips when you get a "real" mic
        Last edited by nuntius; 02-05-2005, 03:01 PM.
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

get both and double mic your amp then add diferent effects on the tracks (like just reverb on one and slight chorus on the other.. AWESOME sounds =)

if you got too much buzzing, roll off the presence and treble knobs slightly =P

Comment

yes thats the acoustic in the background. i took the idea form one of your songs, it was some hard rock thing and you put an acoustic in there. it has some reverb and some chorus straight from the amp

there was no buzzing going on, it just sounded too thin

not to mention i was lazy and didn't want to record the track again

i just need the money to get that stuff and hopefully my tone should be better

Comment

Cool. Sounds Gnarly!
              There is no spoone
              - The Matricks

Comment

thanks dude

Comment

Evil!!

Sounds nice...with a great mic it´s gonna be a killer track!

@nuntius: yeah this reagae thing was very cool too!

You´re a great player moom!
                  Originally posted by Guitarist
                  Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                  http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

thanks man

i should be getting an pg57 soon and a little mixer and the tone should be better from then on

Comment

Working...
                    X